Watch the dress!!!!!

Hey Folks

Im flying out to North Carolina in a few days for my brothers wedding, his fiancée wanted a bridal portrait session, the original plan was it would happen in Colorado, but changed to be on the beach in NC. So now I'm packing my speedlights and some collapsible soft boxes and a reflector, I'm all ready to go.

Then i started to wonder, how do you protect the dress in situations like this? is there a trick? I am not used to working on beaches, I'm from Denver! It will be a couple days before the wedding, I'm not sure if there will be time to clean the dress if anything happens.

honestly i would love to get that dress on her and throw her in the water for this shoot, but i have a feeling that wont fly well. lol

:biggrin:

It shouldn't be a problem. After shooting a wedding on the beach last year we then tried to trash her dress. They both rolled around in the wet sand, in the water, were covered in wet sand and crap and it washed right out. Just have someone there to help carry the back of it if you're too worried about it.

I hate it when the bride wants pics in "such and such" a location (that happens to be in the woods, or on the beach, etc.) and then complains about the dress getting dirty... really? C'mon! :rolleyes: Anyways, keep to the dryer portions of the sand, and it will brush right off. If she's really worried, keep her up and not sitting, or get some sort of sheet/blanket that matches the dress and put it down first. I say one that matches b/c no matter how hard you try, it will show!!! :tongue:

I hate it when the bride wants pics in "such and such" a location (that happens to be in the woods, or on the beach, etc.) and then complains about the dress getting dirty... really? C'mon! :rolleyes: Anyways, keep to the dryer portions of the sand, and it will brush right off. If she's really worried, keep her up and not sitting, or get some sort of sheet/blanket that matches the dress and put it down first. I say one that matches b/c no matter how hard you try, it will show!!! :tongue:

I'm with you Shaun! I've had brides who get married in the mountains in gorgeous locations but they won't get off the sidewalk in your dress.

But if you play it right, all that should get dirty is the bottoms, if that. Keep the dress off the ground, sit on sheets and have some fun!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom