Watch !

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by JPS, Dec 12, 2005.

1. I should take pictures of every watch i make, but i never have time... Today, though, i took the time and shot this one !

White gold lady's watch (one inch in diameter) with a "squeleton" movement, to wear as a pendant !

Nikon D70 with Tamron SP90 - 1:500 @ f/27 - ISO 200 RAW

53461767.DSC1682_w.

Any comment, critic ?

Cheers,
    J-P.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow that is a spectacular peice.

Thanks for showing this.
    Please tell and show more of the watch making.

3. Wow again...beautiful watch and wonderful image

Bohdan Bob Tkaczyk

4. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    You realy made it?

That is awesome, and a lovely picture. I agree - show us more of your work and workplace. Tools etc. Where are u in Suisse?

5. Thanks for your kind words...

I live in Geneva !

Cheers,
    J-P.

6. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Oooh, pretty...I want one!

7. Stef

Stef

Nov 1, 2005
    Peoria, AZ
    Wow! You are very talented. I can't even put my own necklaces on. I can't imagine making something like that... AND doing such a great job!:wink:

8. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Wonderful artistry! Beautiful watch. Great photo of it.

9. Very nice, JP. I like the watch and the picture.

BTW, I clicked on your pbase link in your signature and it sent me to
    www.microsoft.com.

10. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    J-P, I used to live and work in Geneva (on Rue du Rhone) and well remember all the watch places. Your watch is really beautiful and the picture does it full justice. I think I am not alone in asking for some more showing your wares and your tools - it would be way cool if you would share.

11. You make beautiful watches, that's for sure...Great job and great job on shooting the watch.

12. Beautiful watch, and beautiful captute, J-P.

I love watches, and would like to hear more about your watch making. Really love to have one like this, but I know it's very expensive.

13. if a watchmaker has no time, Who does???? nyuk, could not resist.
    What exacting work, no wonder your photos are so good!
    Dave

14. Beautiful movement and well photographed.

15. You're right ! (i should have THOUGHT before to write something like that :biggrin: !), but as TIME is my business, i sell -or try to- all the time i have, so there is no more left for me...:tongue: !

Cheers,
    J-P.

16. You make these? I'm very impressed! =D

By the way, try the 85PC for watch photography. I did and my 60 micro retired...

Ming

17. I would also like to see more watches you have made! Which company is yours?

Awesome image!

18. Hi ! I wish i had the cash to get myself a 85PC... for the time being, my old Tamron SP90 does it... even though i often dream about this 85 mm....:redface: !

Cheers,
    J-P.

19. Hi Brett ! Thanks for the kind words...

I have no company: i work all alone in my workshop, making prototypes or unique watch-cases for some of the big companies, but mostly for "small" watchmakers who make unique and complicated pieces...

Cheers,
    J-P.

PS. Obviously, i can't show images of all the pieces i make, as they're not mine -or under my name-, but once in a while, i can do it, with the agrement of the customer, of course...

20. I admire your line of work. A craftsperson that is also creative. And makes unique things from time to time.