Watching the marathon

WatchingComrades8856.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Watching the Marathon, June 16th, 2005, Durban, South Africa

D2X, 17-55

Just two words for you Peter. Love it.
Great colors are you using a custom curve or is that right from the D2X?

Very nice shot Peter. The concentration of the young lady and her dog is super. Love the way you chose to de-emphasize the participants in favor of the young lady.

Yes I have to agree with Godon.
Makes the shot very powerful. Just draws me right to the little girl and the dog.

S

Scott770

Peter. The girl's expression / concentration alone is great but the addition of the dog makes it brilliant. There is an innocence coupled with curiosity that they both seem to share. Excellent. Thanks.

Nice work, Peter,

if that was shot with your 17-55, I'll betcha it was cropped pretty heavily, no? That's one really great thing about the 2X. Love the shot!

Re: Nice work, Peter,

Steve S said:
if that was shot with your 17-55, I'll betcha it was cropped pretty heavily, no? That's one really great thing about the 2X. Love the shot!

Steve, with my media pass I was able to get right there..not a millimeter cropped off at all.......Thanks. I don't know why, maybe it's one of my early mentors who drummed this into my head but I feel I've failed to concentrate on the composition when when I crop. Silly, hey?

Re: Nice work, Peter,

bendheim said:
Steve S said:

Steve, with my media pass I was able to get right there..not a millimeter cropped off at all.......Thanks. I don't know why, maybe it's one of my early mentors who drummed this into my head but I feel I've failed to concentrate on the composition when when I crop. Silly, hey?

Admirable yes, silly no. I feel significant cropping destroys a photo.

Love the composition and lighting on this shot.

Latest threads

Top Bottom