Water anyone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by threecats, Sep 13, 2008.

1. This should bring out the worms I was wondering about. Most water I have seen in next to my drive in 6 years. Spent all day installing sump pumps for clients between sucking my own basement carpeting from seepage, and I am sure that soon the water heater pilot outages will be coming in.
    Shame to have a biz that depends on other peoples misery.

2853669295_8c5613b600_b.jpg

glenn

2. latazyo

latazyo

Apr 23, 2008
    STL
    love your house and lawn, Glenn

3. sorry for your misery, glenn
    and....
    it's refreshing to read the comment:
    "Shame to have a biz that depends on other peoples misery."

so many don't share your beliefs there
    i'm sure that all the glass installers in Ike's path are drooling at the thought of re-windowing all those high-rises

4. I never remember to close garage door when i take a pic. At previous house some helicopter came over taking aerial shots of the homes. I had no idea till guy comes with framed picture one day of the house and land. Ask's if I wanna buy it. Well duhh 'no thanks I'll hire my own chopper." Course I bought it but had I known the garage door woulda been shut and the darn garbage cans would have not been on the drive waiting for pickup!/

5. Glenn that is an unfortunate situation, and it looks like Ike is going to drop a lot more water there. I lived up north, and it seems everyone had a basement. the waterproofing technology was not very good back then, it seems every home had a pump. Do you think the water will get any higher.
    The new codes, down here at least, call for the water heater to be sitting on a 16" high pedestal.

6. I'm getting seepage in cracks that never passed so much water. Was at one house and the water was in his window wells 4 ft above the basement floor. Was not water that came in wells either. That was how high the water table is and it can't drain fast enough to his sump.