Water drop photos: hats, a tree blowing in the wind, a balancing act and an alluring female

I've now come upon my favorite method at least so far of shooting a jet straight on (as opposed to shooting from a bit above to include a reflection of the entire formation). The method is to fill a margarita glass (no salt on the rim :ROFLMAO: ). That type of drinking glass is great because its opening is relatively large and its depth is shallow enough that filling it doesn't require a lot of liquid. When the glass is so full that it overflows and when the falling drop hits the liquid in the glass, the ripples in the surface are actually higher than the rim of the glass. The resulting scene includes an excellent foreground and horizon that obscure the rim of the glass.

All of these photos were made using water that has no additive and by colliding two water drops.

Photo #1
Mike 2020-04-19--043-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Photo #2
Mike 2020-04-19--049-S.jpg

Photo #3
Mike 2020-04-19--056-S.jpg

Photo #4
Mike 2020-04-19--058-S.jpg

Photo #5
Mike 2020-04-19--068-S.jpg

Photo #6
Mike 2020-04-19--072-S.jpg

Last edited:

McQ

Just your average, everyday moderator.
Real Name
Glenn
These are so beautiful, Mike. You got these just perfectly. Thanks for providing the insights on how you obtained the shots as well. I'd absolutely frame these and hang them.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom