Water lilies - 7 images

Spent some more time working on my latest catches – water lilies…. enjoy

Gallery

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

For these last two there was no PP except to drag the levels/curves to the right.

Nice set! All of them are beautiful. I love the vibrant pink of #6.
Thank you Angela!

Very beautiful... thanks for sharing
Thank you for taking the time and lookign at them..

#7. I keep thinking of doing a little pond just to have some
I do too but my parents have a small pond and I hear about all the work. I think they are the same as aquariums - you have to have atleast a 55 gallon aquarium before they seem to become self sustaining or atleast not having to clean them every Saturday morning...

last 2 are my favs....well done
Thank you.

Beautiful. They are one of my favorite flowers to shoot.
I agree, just seems that I have finally figured out how to geet good shots of them.. Thank you.

Brilliant set!
Thank you.

The colors are so nice. Great job.
Thank you.

3 & 6 are great.
and last but not least, thank you!

Mark,

I really like these! I particularly like #1, #4, and #6. The composition and colors are really nice on these.

Oh, and by the by, as far as maintenance on ponds goes, it does help to have a decent sized pond, but it also matters a LOT on the placement and the filtration system used. If you place it where it gets a lot of sun, then you'll need to do more maintenance because of algae. However, generally speaking, you clean out the filter once a month, possibly twice, depending on the bio load (i.e., if you have a large mass of carp/koi for the size of the pond, you'll need to do more than with a smaller mass load). Up in your part of the country, you'd probably need to have the deepest part about 1-1/2 to 2 feet deep to keep it from freezing over in the winter. A bit deeper wouldn't hurt, either. There are still some decent shops up that way to help you, if you decide to go for it. One of the best ones that was there is now closed, I believe. It was called The Aquarium Center and it was on the northwest side of Baltimore, off Liberty Road. I used to work there. Good luck if you decide to set up a pond! They can be a lot of fun and really relaxing, with not TOO much effort involved!
Thanks for sharing!
Sam

Beautiful work...WOW
Great job, wonderful color.
Love the last 2. The flowers seem to just glow.
gorgeous shots, one of my favorite flowers, well done!
Mark,

I really like these! I particularly like #1, #4, and #6. The composition and colors are really nice on these.

Oh, and by the by, as far as maintenance on ponds goes, it does help to have a decent sized pond, but it also matters a LOT on the placement and the filtration system used. If you place it where it gets a lot of sun, then you'll need to do more maintenance because of algae. However, generally speaking, you clean out the filter once a month, possibly twice, depending on the bio load (i.e., if you have a large mass of carp/koi for the size of the pond, you'll need to do more than with a smaller mass load). Up in your part of the country, you'd probably need to have the deepest part about 1-1/2 to 2 feet deep to keep it from freezing over in the winter. A bit deeper wouldn't hurt, either. There are still some decent shops up that way to help you, if you decide to go for it. One of the best ones that was there is now closed, I believe. It was called The Aquarium Center and it was on the northwest side of Baltimore, off Liberty Road. I used to work there. Good luck if you decide to set up a pond! They can be a lot of fun and really relaxing, with not TOO much effort involved!
Thanks for sharing!
Sam

Thank you all for your kind words. Sam - thanks for the pointers on having a pond.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom