1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Water lilies - 7 images

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Vienna Pics, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Spent some more time working on my latest catches – water lilies…. enjoy

Gallery

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For these last two there was no PP except to drag the levels/curves to the right.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 3whiteroses

3whiteroses

May 23, 2008
    Maryland
    Nice set! All of them are beautiful. I love the vibrant pink of #6.

3. equetefue

equetefue

Sep 29, 2005
    Kissimmee, FL
    Very beautiful... thanks for sharing

4. #7. I keep thinking of doing a little pond just to have some

5. last 2 are my favs....well done

6. Beautiful. They are one of my favorite flowers to shoot.

7. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Brilliant set!

8. The colors are so nice. Great job.

9. Paintguru

Paintguru

Dec 28, 2006
    Detroit, MI
    3 & 6 are great.

10. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Thank you Angela!

Thank you for taking the time and lookign at them..

I do too but my parents have a small pond and I hear about all the work. I think they are the same as aquariums - you have to have atleast a 55 gallon aquarium before they seem to become self sustaining or atleast not having to clean them every Saturday morning...

Thank you.

I agree, just seems that I have finally figured out how to geet good shots of them.. Thank you.

Thank you.

Thank you.

and last but not least, thank you!

11. What a nice series Mark. 1 and 3 look a little like the Orton Effect was used with those glowing edges.

12. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Thank you Mike!

13. sailronin

sailronin

Oct 28, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Beautiful work...WOW
    Great job, wonderful color.

14. Love the last 2. The flowers seem to just glow.

15. lr0868

lr0868

May 25, 2008
    henderson, nv
    gorgeous shots, one of my favorite flowers, well done!

16. txgreenman

txgreenman

Apr 2, 2009
    Texas
    Mark,

I really like these! I particularly like #1, #4, and #6. The composition and colors are really nice on these.

Oh, and by the by, as far as maintenance on ponds goes, it does help to have a decent sized pond, but it also matters a LOT on the placement and the filtration system used. If you place it where it gets a lot of sun, then you'll need to do more maintenance because of algae. However, generally speaking, you clean out the filter once a month, possibly twice, depending on the bio load (i.e., if you have a large mass of carp/koi for the size of the pond, you'll need to do more than with a smaller mass load). Up in your part of the country, you'd probably need to have the deepest part about 1-1/2 to 2 feet deep to keep it from freezing over in the winter. A bit deeper wouldn't hurt, either. There are still some decent shops up that way to help you, if you decide to go for it. One of the best ones that was there is now closed, I believe. It was called The Aquarium Center and it was on the northwest side of Baltimore, off Liberty Road. I used to work there. Good luck if you decide to set up a pond! They can be a lot of fun and really relaxing, with not TOO much effort involved!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Sam

17. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia

Thank you all for your kind words. Sam - thanks for the pointers on having a pond.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.