Water Lilies

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by JMartin, Oct 30, 2005.

1. JMartin

JMartin Guest

These are the only two good photos I got from the Mote Aquarium in Sarasota. If the tanks weren't empty, they were very dirty and not accessible to get photos of their contents.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After visiting the Mote Aquarium, it made me appreciate the Florida Aquarium here in Tampa that much more. Luckily we have a Florida Aquarium family pass that allowed us to get into the Mote Aquarium free, otherwise it would have cost $15/Adult and $12/child.

Hope you enjoy these two images. These are printed and getting framed as 8x10s to hang in my home office.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I Think they are Gorgeous.
    I would hang them on my wall to :>)))

3. Wow, when you get two beautiful images like that you have already had a good day. No matter that you bombed on the rest. Excellent images.

4. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    love em... great job... like the deep rich colors... again Very Nice
    Tim

5. Beautiful! Never get tired of seeing top quality water lily images!!

6. Very nice images Joe, especially the glow! The DOF is good too to have the whole flower in sharpness.

Looks like Wilma has been kind, hope all else is well. We have colleagues at Ft. Lauderdale without power for the pass week!

Regards,
    Jonathan

7. Beautiful work. I'd hang those up too.

8. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Joe,

These are fabulous. The colors are wonderful. I like them a lot.

Thanks for sharing.

9. Joe,
    Beautiful pics. Greetings from across the bay here in Clearwater.

I am also a Florida Aquarium family member. I just need to get over there more often to shoot!

10. Awesome colors, Joe. Well composed and executed. Congrats.

11. Just beautiful! Extraordinary color and sharpness. No wonder you want to print them!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

12. JMartin

JMartin Guest

Thank you all for the comments.

I have both images printed as 8x10 on semi-gloss photo paper from my Epson 2200 and they look amazing.

It's obvious I still have some work to do on my color management within photoshop regarding the printer, but it's new and I am still learning. The bottom image printed a little dark, losing the details in the water (the leaves under water and the reflection) but it still looks awesome. After printing that one I tweaked some of the settings and the top image looks almost spot on to the way it appears on the screen.

13. Amazing by its sharpness and glow. The pictures have a look close to a painting.

14. Wow, both pictures are superb for sharpness, color and composition.

15. JMartin

JMartin Guest

Hello Mitch,

We often alternate our memberships - currently we have The Florida Aquarium and Lowery Park Zoo. We had Busch Gardens before and it was nice, so we are thinking about getting the Busch Gardens/Sea World combo for next year.

Lindsey, our four year old, knows the aquarium so well now, that when we go she runs through the place waving at each tank/display as she passes and saying "hi fish, hi bird, hi sharks" and whichever other she passes. We are usually done in about 20 mins. so it usually makes for a nice Sat. or Sun. morning visit.

16. JMartin

JMartin Guest

Thank you to everyone for the replies and compliments. It puts a smile on my face to see all the wonderful words.

I brought the photos I printed to work to show a coworker how well the Epson 2200 prints. shudderbug2 - David Anderson has one in our "for sale" section and when my coworker said he needed a new printer I told him he should buy shudderbug2's printer.

Well, when a couple coworkers saw the photos, they said we should use the top one for the back cover of the company calendar (photos all submitted by employees) I am working on. I told them sure, I guess... it is supposed to be photos submitted by "employees", using the water lily will make five photos I have in the calendar :confused:

I am not sure how comfortable I am having five of the fourteen photos considering I am designing it too... the people picking originally picked eight of my photos and I told them absolutely not! I have even been urging others to submit anything so I can eliminate some of mine.