Water Lilly in the rain

Real Name
Nikon Cafe
I was getting pelted pretty good but could not resist taking a shot of this beautiful Lilly pad set. D2X and 70-200 VR, handheld.
certain angles on my laptop it looks blown out in the whites but on my calibrated monitor it seems perfect. any comments?
26493882-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Dave,

On my monitor, there are areas that look pretty close to 255, but the shot still looks pretty good. This was without the 500D?

Real Name
Nikon Cafe
Thanks Frank. I did not use the 500D on this shot as I would have had to get in the water to do that.

Looks good to me and my monitor is calibrated weekly. Nice to see actual raindrops on a flower rather than a spray bottle! *LOL* Very good capture, nice and crisp!

Real Name
Nikon Cafe
Sandi thanks for the nice comments. I always enjoy reading your posts and particularly appreciate you looking and commenting. Your hobbies we gave up string was the most fun!

Dave,

My monitor is also calibrated and the whites do not appear to be blown. I love the image especially the "actual raindrops" - thanks Sandi, I couldn't have put it better.

There is a water lily park outside of Frederick, Maryland. Hopefully I will get a chance to visit it before the end of the summer.

fks

hi dave-

looks good on both my monitors, you're close but not quite blown out.

was VR turned on for this shot (i can't pull up any EXIF data)?

ricky

Dave, you're most welcome, I always enjoy your shots. Now to get a better waterlily shot, either get yourself some gumboots or a kayak!! *wink* Opens up a whole new world of photography!

Latest threads

Top Bottom