Water Lilly's

Met up with Gordon Large today and went to Longwood Gardens, Gordon is a great guy and we had a nice day here are some shots from Longwood Water Lilly display
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 12332
View attachment 12333
View attachment 12334
View attachment 12335
View attachment 12336

Hi Mike:

These are simply breathtaking....especially the purple flowered water lillies. I have never seen water lillies in any other color than white. What lens were you using? I've noticed that many of the posters are able to get black backgrounds, how do you do this?

Thanks.

They are really beautiful..

Viera Wetlands has bunches of white water lilies blooming right now. I have many pics.

After seeing these, I going to hide mine :>)))

Real Name
Dave Watts
outstanding Mike! I nearly got the opportunity to meet and shoot with Gordon in Chincoteague, but at the last minute he had to withdraw. My loss I am sure.
Anxious to read your answers to some of the above questions.
Dave

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lisa said:
Hi Mike:

These are simply breathtaking....especially the purple flowered water lillies. I have never seen water lillies in any other color than white. What lens were you using? I've noticed that many of the posters are able to get black backgrounds, how do you do this?

Thanks.
Thanks Lisa they have many varieties including some hybrids developed by the Gardens themselves. I shot these with the 70-200VR shot on a tripod.
I know what you mean about black background this can be influenced by the use of flash, but in this case the gardens puts a little black dye in the pools to help with presentation.

Kevin Scott said:
Mike what you can do with a camera is nothing short of amazing. These are just beautiful! Do you offer private lessons? ;)
Gee Kecing you are making me blush :oops: Thansk for the kind words
Private lessons in FLA.....no problem cant wait to get back down there and shoot some of those birdies

Gale said:
They are really beautiful..

Viera Wetlands has bunches of white water lilies blooming right now. I have many pics.

After seeing these, I going to hide mine :>)))
Oh stop it Gale your stuff is every bit as good as mine, so how are the wetlands doing, I miss it I remmebr how excited I got everytime we pulled in and started the trip aorund the pools.

dmwphoto said:
outstanding Mike! I nearly got the opportunity to meet and shoot with Gordon in Chincoteague, but at the last minute he had to withdraw. My loss I am sure.
Anxious to read your answers to some of the above questions.
Dave
Dave
Yes Gordon is a great guy, I would have like to make Chincoteauge also but time dint allow. As I mentioned earlier I shot all of these with the 70-200Vr what a sweet piece of glass

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom