Water Lilly's

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by mike mac, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Lisa

Lisa

May 3, 2005
    IL
    Hi Mike:

These are simply breathtaking....especially the purple flowered water lillies. I have never seen water lillies in any other color than white. What lens were you using? I've noticed that many of the posters are able to get black backgrounds, how do you do this?

Thanks.

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Mike, these are totally luscious. Were these with the 70-200VR or the 300 2.8?

3. Mike, nicely composed beauties. :!: :!:

4. Mike what you can do with a camera is nothing short of amazing. These are just beautiful! Do you offer private lessons? ;)

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    They are really beautiful..

Viera Wetlands has bunches of white water lilies blooming right now. I have many pics.

After seeing these, I going to hide mine :>)))

6. outstanding Mike! I nearly got the opportunity to meet and shoot with Gordon in Chincoteague, but at the last minute he had to withdraw. My loss I am sure.
    Anxious to read your answers to some of the above questions.
    Dave

7. These are all just superb Mike! :shock: :shock: :shock:

8. Thanks Lisa they have many varieties including some hybrids developed by the Gardens themselves. I shot these with the 70-200VR shot on a tripod.
    I know what you mean about black background this can be influenced by the use of flash, but in this case the gardens puts a little black dye in the pools to help with presentation.

9. Thanks Frank these were all shot with the 70-200 VR on a tripod

10. Thanks you sir I appreciate you lookign and commenting

11. Gee Kecing you are making me blush :oops: Thansk for the kind words
    Private lessons in FLA.....no problem cant wait to get back down there and shoot some of those birdies

12. Oh stop it Gale your stuff is every bit as good as mine, so how are the wetlands doing, I miss it I remmebr how excited I got everytime we pulled in and started the trip aorund the pools.

13. Dave
    Yes Gordon is a great guy, I would have like to make Chincoteauge also but time dint allow. As I mentioned earlier I shot all of these with the 70-200Vr what a sweet piece of glass

14. Thanks George if you ever get a chance come down and visit Longwood it is one of the best in the world plus there a ton of others places in the Brandywine Valley
    www.longwoodgardens.org