Water Lily

So, I took this picture of a purple Water Lily (at least, I'm pretty sure it's a Water Lily...*Googling: ok...it is) at Carroll Creak in Frederick, MD. The water is...murky...to say the least, and I really hated the dull brown color as a background for this, and since I didn't have a 2.8 lens (on second though, I did have my 80-200...oh well) I couldn't really blur it enough to make it non-distracting. So...I did a little photoshop magic at my buddies house (sadly, after my PC crashed last winter I haven't been able to re-install PS/LR on my computer...yet) I got it on a pure white background.

So, while I like the white background tbh, I though I'd share the image here, and see what you guys/gals could come up with for a nice background. Go nuts, have fun with it...lets see what everyone can come up with!

Lily by ACDavis85, on Flickr

As always, C&C on MY shot are welcomed (I won't speak for posted works of other members who may share their background creations). Please do tell me what you think!

Thanks for looking.

Yes its a water lily. And some nice post here. the only ragged edge I see is down by the stem.

I do like the white, but this also leaves you wide open to do some cool texture or background work in PS.

I think its a nice image.

*fwiw, I love C and C and hearing what other people see as potential or different with something I post. *

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom