water shot

A. Do you like?

B. Do you like A better?

C. Do you like B better?

D. does this post have to many letters or to many questions?

Apologies for sensor blob, I will fix eventually once I pick a direction.

A.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

B.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
There's nothing wrong with that. Real time speed is excellent. I happen to like both, at various times, but that doesn't make your likes wrong, just different.

M

mikeyd86

A, I would say. Because of the darkness of everything that is stationary, the second looks almost out of focus, just because there's nothing sharp to contrast the flowing water. The water also looks faster in the first one, and because this looks more like a "wild" stream than a smooth flowing one, I think it works better.

Well, the shot was not really my best effort, I believe I was just playing, testing a handheld 300 shot and there was some motion it seems, I guess I didn't have enough light for my settings. But I really should have tri-podded it I believe now.

the actual shot was B. A is using a Gaussien blur adjustment under smart sharpen in PS, fairly heavy adjustment and it does I think, give the shot more merit.

I was really playing while someone cleared out of my way to take the main shot. But anyway, I thought it had merit if sharpened a bit. I like interesting takes on water, and the triangular split image interested me. Though it would interest me a bit more with something more visually stimulating on the top half.

Doug, because the shot is so close to the water, I prefer A. If you were standing back and shooting the whole falls, I'd say B. Am I to assume, due to the motion-blur on the background leaves, that these were shot handheld?

LOL Lowwolf.

Sandi, the key is in my post above yours. It was hand held, and strangely, it does look like motion, yet the water looks straight, this is a little confusing, but none the less, the shot was playing anyway.

Sam, I C. thanks.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom