Watercolor tulips

A shot from today transformed into a watercolor painting with Erik Nguyen's watercolor PS action (free to download from Actioncentral).

original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Critiques are most welcome. Thanks for viewing.

Very nice...

I have the action and havent used it yet..

So many things to do and learn...sooooo little time.

Hey Flew,

Try that on the "Out Of The Planet" thing you shot yesterday.

lolol Should make a great painting.

(I forgot how to spell alien)

I

imokah

Very nice Dao......I am at that point where I like looking at photos, like yours, that have had that artistic touch done to them. Steve

Dave, Gordon, Bryan and Steve,

Appreciates your kind comments. Do you find the watercoloring is just right, too little or too much? I would like to have your input on this matter.

Thanks in advance.

Dao,

I would like to see the effect applied just a little more. I still like the pic as is though.

BTW, I downloaded this action, and read the tutorial, and couldn't get it to work. I got error messages saying several of the step actions (such as 'Smart Blur') were not available. Is there something else that I need to download to get this to work? I'm such a PS noob. :?

Thanks,

Flew said:
Dao,

I would like to see the effect applied just a little more. I still like the pic as is though.

BTW, I downloaded this action, and read the tutorial, and couldn't get it to work. I got error messages saying several of the step actions (such as 'Smart Blur') were not available. Is there something else that I need to download to get this to work? I'm such a PS noob. :?

Thanks,

Frank,

What PS version do you use? I use PS 7.0 and doesn't encounter any problem. I unzip the action and put it in <drive>:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop 7.0\Presets\Photoshop Actions. Then load it into the PS Actions window and run it in that window.

Dao,

I'm running PS CS. I would assume that it doesn't have the same menu options that 7.0 does (or maybe they have been renamed). That would explain it.

Thanks,

Dao,

Normally, I don't like this sort of thing -- to often, I think people get carried away and overdo the effect. However, you've done this one just right for my tastes. As Dave said, this is a very soothing image.

Bob Coutant said:
Dao,

Normally, I don't like this sort of thing -- to often, I think people get carried away and overdo the effect. However, you've done this one just right for my tastes. As Dave said, this is a very soothing image.

Glad you like the effect Bob. Thanks for the appreciation.

Latest threads

Top Bottom