1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Waterfall and mushroom.

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Hovmod, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Hovmod

Hovmod

Aug 11, 2008
    Norway
    Is there a word instead of 'waterfall' for a tiny drop in a creek?

3783063172_a20cc6b1e5_b.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This is a not quite open Amanita pantherina or European Panther:

3783012300_d1a63f8229_b.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Hovmod

Hovmod

Aug 11, 2008
    Norway
    Well, *I* liked the mushroom anyway.

:biggrin:

3. Sorry Tormod. I liked the mushroom one too. One thing I noticed though is that the bright white sky in the mushroom shot seems to counteract and slightly distract from the image. I think a 4x5 crop that cuts out that bright spot will accentuate the mushroom better. Thanks for sharing your images.

God Bless,
    David

4. Malania

Malania

Jun 6, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Nice shots!

5. Nacho

Nacho

Dec 29, 2007
    Salem, Oregon
    Tormod, I call them water flows (other photogs do also I believe) because the various water flows I shoot are not all waterfalls. I like your water flow shot, especially the angle you took, but the top part with the sky is a bit too bright and distracting.

I concur with David on the mushroom. I like the angle of the shot again, neat perspective, but would crop it so that some of the top of the frame now is gone, and so tha the resulting image does not just end up with the mushroom smack in the middle. It is a great cap!

Neat shots Tormod, thanks for sharing them.

Best,

N

6. I second the other opinions. The mushroom itself with a little crop would be a very nice picture.
    About the waterfall: I'd like to see it without the bright sky... I understand that it is the trade-off price to pay for a long exposure to get the "silky" water... Next time you'll need a ND filter to darken that part of the frame...

Rui

D300, D200 coupled with a bunch of some fine Nikon :smile:glass

www.pbase.com/ruilopes

7. Preston

Preston

May 2, 2005
    Reno, NV
    Very nice pictures I like the mushroom best. Nice job.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.