Waterfall - Plan C

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by CliffB, Jul 3, 2007.

1. I planned on shooting this waterfall from a bridge, that would have given me a view of a blooming rhododendron, with the falls in the background. However, when I got there, I found that the bridge was gone; and, workers were starting to build the replacement. Plan B was to shoot from a spot that gives a nice angle on the falls. However, a partially fallen tree was blocking that view. So, here is plan C. I also took some shots with the falls filling the frame. I liked the angle of the log, and the moss growing on it. Does the log make this shot too busy?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2007
  2. If you are wanting an honest opinion...............then mine is NO. It is a beautiful shot just as it is. If you were just wanting a pat on the shoulder for a beautiful photograph, then you have it.:biggrin:

3. I also say no, leave the log i really like the look.

4. I find that my eye runs from the top of the falls then down the log to the corner, but my eye is immediately drawn back up to the top of the falls. I think it works perfectly as it is, plan C is fine with me! Great Image!

5. Excellent image!! I agree with the other posters. Visual rhythm from top to bottom. Kudos to you!

6. Thank you, Chris, Raul, Michael and Chrystall.

7. Just the right amount of blur to the waterfall, good shot.

8. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    I have seen so many waterfall shots at the cafe but this one is special. Lovely composition. One of the best Ive seen

Regards

RFC

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Going to agreee with RFC on this one

10. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Cliff,

The log 'flows' with the shot - I see you did not really need a bridge to get this great shot!

11. Hey Cliff -

To my (untrained - LOL) eye, the log and its light green moss complete a nice framing in the color that complements your fine execution of the shot.

Eric

12. sypher

sypher

May 24, 2006
    Cougar Country
    Cliff,
    I really like how the log runs parallel to the rock face...it makes a nice leading line:)

13. Thank you, Gordon, Robert, Gail, Mark, Eric and Brian.