Waterfalls In Chile

The mountains and fjords of Southern Chile and a lot of raini/snow provide ideal conditions for waterfalls. Here are several we saw on our trip up the coast of Chile March 1-15, 2005

The first two are a large waterfall in Torres del Paine National Park:
18916192-M.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

18916179-M.jpg

This one came all the way down the side of the fjord in several steps. On Isla Clemente:
18916362-M-1.jpg

This one was in the National Park on Isla Chiloe:
18916979-M.jpg

This very thin waterfall is the Petrohue River breaking through a lava flow from the Osorno Volcano in Vicente Perez Rosales National Park near Puerto Montt, Chile:
18916744-M-1.jpg

More of our photos from this trip can be seen at:
http://bob-nan.smugmug.com/gallery/455599/4/18916744

Bob & Nan

My granddaughter spent a year and a half in Chile. I will be sure to show her these shots. Amazingly diverse country from one end to the other. I'll bet you had fun while you were there.

Now this is the way I like waterfalls , NATURAL, none of that faky silk stuff.

Thanks Bob

bobhoge said:
This very thin waterfall is the Petrohue River breaking through a lava flow from the Osorno Volcano in Vicente Perez Rosales National Park near Puerto Montt, Chile:
18916744-M-1.jpg

Seeing the last waterfall picture, I thought it looked familiar. Then when I read your caption I realized it was the same place I visited years ago. It's a very beautiful part of the world and your series captures the scenes very well. Thanks for sharing these.

Enjoyed seeing your Chile Pics on your Smugmug gallery. My wife and I were in Chile in Jan/Feb and went to some of the same places. Our pictures are posted at http://fish-n-float.smugmug.com/Chile05 if you are interested.

We were lucky to get a perfectly clear day in Torres del Paine.

That was before I got the D70, so our pictures were made with Coolpix 4300 and 5700 cameras.

Enjoyed seeing your Chile Pics on your Smugmug gallery. My wife and I were in Chile in Jan/Feb and went to some of the same places. Our pictures are posted at http://fish-n-float.smugmug.com/Chile05 if you are interested.

We were lucky to get a perfectly clear day in Torres del Paine.

THAT'S NOT FAIR!!!! :lol:
You got all the good weather and took it back north with you and left us with all the clouds and rain.
Seriously, it is nice to see what the Torres del Paine and Orsono Volcano really look like. You got some really fine views and great photos!
Thanks for sharing.
Bob

We realize how lucky we are, and we know it can't last. We had similar luck at Mt. Mckinley in Alaska last June, as you might have noticed if you looked at the Alaska gallery at our Smugmug site.
We're planning toward the Canadian Rockies for August/September; hope our luck doesn't run out!

16117937-L.jpg

Pa,

NOW THAT IS TOO MUCH!!! :evil:
We were in Denali last July and it rained the whole time. The best we could do was:
13712717-M-1.jpg

Looks to be taken from almost the exact same spot!

When are you going to the Canadian Rockies, we should book at the same time! If we do, don't forget your raingear!!! :p

Again a nice photo. If you want to compare Alaska photos, ours are at
http://bob-nan.smugmug.com/Travel/53728
Bob

Enjoyed looking at your Alaska pictures. The bear sequence was impressive!

Which lens did you use for these?

p.s. looks like you're following us. Where are you going to next?

Pa,

My wife and I were both shooting in Alaska, especially the bears at Brooks. The D-70 had the 70-300ED (mostly Nan's) and the D-100 had the 28-200G (mostly my photos) lens. As close as the bears were, that was plenty.

We are going to cruise on the Chesapeake Bay in June. Nothing planned after that for now, but I'm sure something will pop up.

Are you taking the Rocky Mountianeer train from Vancouver to the Canadian Rockies? That trip is on our "someday' list.

I took a look at the rest of your Alaska photos.. a nice collection, you should post a few here.

Bob

Bob, you go to all the greatest places!! You definitely keep adding to my list of places to go... I am so jealous....so, where is your next trip?

Latest threads

Top Bottom