Watermarks and LR2

I was wondering, is there an easy way to automate the addition of a watermark in LR2? Or do I have to manually go through and add watermarks/logos into the images myself?

Thank you both Chris and Geoff!

I'm happy I can automate the process with LR2, instead of having to individually add them in CS4 (even with an action set it's a little of a hassle)

At the risk of hijacking this thread, I have a few questions with regard to applying watermarks in LR2/Mogrify.

I've created a graphical watermark that I'm pretty happy with. It was created in software called "My Logo Maker", and I've exported it to a TIFF file.

I'm able to apply it to images that I'm exporting in LR2, but the white background that the Logo was created on also shows up in the applied watermark. I would like just for the logo to appear on the exported image (without the white background). Is there a way to make the background clear, or isolate the logo from the background?

I have PS Elements which I think has tools to accomplish this, but I'm woefully incompetent at using it. Therefore, I'd need a step-by-step sequence to follow.

Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks!

At the risk of hijacking this thread, I have a few questions with regard to applying watermarks in LR2/Mogrify.

I've created a graphical watermark that I'm pretty happy with. It was created in software called "My Logo Maker", and I've exported it to a TIFF file.

I'm able to apply it to images that I'm exporting in LR2, but the white background that the Logo was created on also shows up in the applied watermark. I would like just for the logo to appear on the exported image (without the white background). Is there a way to make the background clear, or isolate the logo from the background?

I have PS Elements which I think has tools to accomplish this, but I'm woefully incompetent at using it. Therefore, I'd need a step-by-step sequence to follow.

Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks!
I'll take a stab at it Bert :)

1.Copy and paste the logo into a new document in PSE

2.Use the magic wand tool to select the white background

3.Delete! (the background should now look like a checkerboard)

4.Save!

5.???

6.Profit!

If you still need help shoot me a PM, I can probably just do it for you :)

Make the file a PNG. :)

The "at this stage" looks a bit like foreshadowing, no? :smile:

Nope, but there will be more features added to LR in the future and that has been requested plenty, the current watermarking in LR is hopeless!! So I'm sure it will turn up sooner or later.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom