Watermarks

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Commodorefirst, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Thought I would give you a heads up on what I am using in the future for event photography/Dance recitals, etc. etc.

New program I have been using, available for both windows and Mac versions:

http://www.dropwatermark.com/

I had been looking for a program (not photoshop) that will place and position the watermarks atuomatically, and it also will do other nice things too. Fully custom text, either transparent or regular color,

dpi and saving image size all have adjustments, you can place date of capture or any other exif or IPTC info from your photo into the watermark in automatically.

Best of all it is a standalone program, just drag your already sized images into the program so those of you like me who have several thousand images online that could use a sig, here is your program.

examples here that I use (two different marks on each image, and you can add custom logos too) I have both bottom and middle types and right corner sig on all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Looks cool. Thanks Wade.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Great watermark
    unfortunately very easly removed with PS

I sure do not know how to keep things safe.
    Just have to hope by word of mouth from us photogs to educate folks again about "theft"

Seems people have forgotten???
    Or just don't care

Heard another story at work about .. Person said...People do it on thier home printer now.
    Printing images that is.

Yes I reminded them of the issue.

4. GBRandy

GBRandy

Feb 28, 2006
    Green Bay, WI
    That's just the right balance....I need to look into that. Aperture has a watermark feature I need to explore a little more as well.

Thanks for sharing.....

5. Commodorefirst

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    you are welcome Phil,

you are welcome, although I have aperture, I liked the features of this program.

Wade

6. thanks for this info, I like the price too....as compared to some others I've seen for $50 +

7. Commodorefirst

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Yes Gale it can be removed in PS but the larger transparent one will take a little while to do properly and I would not call it easy to do it right, and if they are going to do it for such a low res file, and have photoshop, then they probably know what they are doing is wrong anyway

This is just to affect the casual thief.

As you said education is the best tool along with super small files sizes.

Cheers.

Wade

8. Good information, thank you Wade!

And I agree with Gale's comments, the lack of common decency and honesty in today's society is very very sad. :frown:

9. chemisti

chemisti

May 24, 2007
    McKinney, TX
    THANKS!

I have been looking for exactly this type of application - will look into it further.

10. Thanks, Wade -- this looks like an excellent program! Watermarking has been one of those things that I've been putting off, and yet I am well aware that it is very necessary.... This looks like a nice, easy way to do not only current images but earlier ones that I'd already processed a while ago. Reasonable price, too!

11. I just save images at about 34% of original size, at 70% quality in IRFanview, If someone wants to print a pic, they won't have to remove any watermark, But they aren't getting a good quality print either (even at 4x6 the jpeg artifacts still show up)

I personally hate watermarks if they aren't used primarily to pass along info (Photographers name, website etc.) Anti Theft ones just irk me for some reason. Probably because of the futility of it. I don't know.

12. Chris_B

Chris_B

Mar 12, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Wade - will dropwatermark let you create a jpg of the watermark with transparent background so that you can use it with other programs like Aperture? I want to keep my workflow simple by uploading right from Aperture.

13. Thanks Wade I ahve lost many a sport picture to kids myspace and facebook sites

14. Commodorefirst

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    I don't think so, but you can drop the entire folder into DWM and it will automatically watermark the entire folder.

Same here, folks even print them even though they are really pixelated.

15. OK, really stupid question time.....
    I've tried ump-teen times to download this. EVERY time I try,
    Pixela Image Maker opens up?????
    What is that? and where did the file go, and how can I get it back or find it or open it or ????????? ......