1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Watermelon Bust 2008

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by AFS, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Well, this semester the Alligator, the newspaper I work for, has been pushing multimedia and online exclusive content as our next big thing. Since Gainesville is a college town, University of Florida students and faculty as well as the locals tend to be pretty computer-savvy, so we've seen some real spikes in views when we have a big gallery or video to show off.

This weekend, Charles Roop, our multimedia editor, and I shot and put together a short audio slideshow at the 2008 Lambda Chi Alpha Watermelon Bust. It's a national philanthropy project- all chapters of that fraternity put on an event with watermelons to get donations to charity. In this case, it is to benefit the Gainesville Harvest food shelter.

I hope you enjoy it, please let me know what you think!

Watermelon Bust 2008 Audio Slideshow- The Independent Florida Alligator

Note: some of you outside the USA (and occasionally some of you in it) may have some issues connecting to our website. I don't know exactly why this is but it's a pain, to be sure.

2. Hmm... wasting food to benefit a food bank. :confused: 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.