Watkins Glen, NY

The Nascar Race is this coming weekend but here's the reason you should go.
Watkins Glen State Park

2733463799_df5093309a_o.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 234424

View attachment 234425

Gorgeous! I lived in Ithaca for a couple of years and Watkins was one of the coolest place-literally too- that we visited as often as we can! Thanks for bringing back some cool memories with some super shots! Way cool!

Thanks for the compliments
Here's me hanging a D3 and 14-24 f/2.8 over the wall.
You just have to trust your tripod.
All images were shot with a D3 and 14-24 except this from a P&S

2734362680_a9628c6644_o.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Greg, these are very nice. I used to go to the "Bud at the Glen" years ago and would go to this park every time. As your pictures show, it is a great place to visit even when the race isn't in town.

B

Bright Angel

Very nice shots.
Did you take any shots from behind the falls (from the little viewing windows in shot 2) ?

Greg, these are great!

The in-laws live in Corning. In all the times I have been through the Glen, I have yet to stop. Now I have to go. Hopefully, the weather will be as nice as it looks like it was for you.

Upstate New York has so many gorgeous state parks and the one at Watkins Glen is no exception. We used to be frequent visitors to this park while we lived in Ithaca, NY for about 10 years back in the 80's and 90's and we thoroughly enjoyed every visit. When I saw the wonderful images you have posted here I went back to my photo albums to compare the shots I took back then and I can see a similarity with all 3 shots you have posted here. Ofcourse I did not have the fancy equipment with me back then as I was a poor student and could not afford film processing so I had to be very judicious in my shot selection. The several gorges one gets to see throughout the state parks in Upstate New York offer so much in terms of photo opportunities and each time I open my photo albums it makes me want to go back for a visit. Thanks for helping me relive some of the best times we have had Greg.

Latest threads

Top Bottom