Waukegan Air Show

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Tomerrifc, Sep 11, 2005.

1. Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2005
  2. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

You think? :wink:

Nice shots..

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Very nice captures, Ty. You definately get your timing down after an afternoon of panning propellor and jet planes. You did a fine job with these images. See you at North Avenue beach next August for the Chicago show!!!!

4. Hey Frank, thanks for your kind comments. Shooting fast moving planes is no walk in the park.

And I will definitely be there next year in Chicago! I am still trying to get someone to work for me this weekend so I can meet you guys at the zoo Saturday.

5. papa85

papa85 Guest

Ty The zoo has been canceled only 3 were willing to show up. So Frank and I though we would try at a more convenient time for all.
    You nailed the planes alright. good shooting.

6. Hey Papa Tony,

Thanks for the update on the zoo and also thanks for you comments on the air show pictures. It was a definite struggle trying to meter that hazy funky sky. Next year I hope to do better and get more shots.

I'll be looking out for any updates to us all getting a chance to get out and shoot together.

Keep shooting!

7. I like your images. There is something about that last shot that draws me in. Perhaps the one red nosed plane.

8. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Oooooh. Those jets are the same ones that James Bond flew in the opener for Tomorrow Never Dies http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120347/ Co-Starring Harris Backdoctor's favorite actress Teri Hatcher.

It was a cool 15min opener.

On a side note they sell L39 Albatross' here in Alabama.

http://www.internationaljets.com/

I've been there and its pretty cool!

Thanks,

9. Hey Gordon,

Thanks for liking that shot. I really like that one myself. It was one of the first few images that I got when I got out of the car and began setting up. As I was frantically trying to focus and nail a good shot these guys passed overhead and I was left with this series of shots:

View attachment 15310

View attachment 15311

View attachment 15312