Waxwings that haven't decided who to vote for yet..

Discussion in 'Birds' started by sjlarue, Sep 12, 2008.

1. sjlarue

sjlarue

Nov 18, 2007
    OH-IO
    ...they are sitting on the fence.

Was heading to work a couple of days ago and saw a bird on the fence...again. Stopped and took pics....again. "New" bird for me...again.:biggrin::biggrin:

Really at first as I was driving by, I thought that it was a Kingbird, in the area they are prevalent. However as I was thinking about it for about 1 second, I thought "Hmm it's wings were not black..maybe a different flycatcher. Time to turn around and see." It turned out to be a pair of Waxwings never seen them this close before but it made my day at work go by a lot slower...because I wanted to get home and process them.:biggrin:

Enjoy and CC welcome.

_DSC5096.jpg

_DSC5106.jpg

_DSC5127.jpg

_DSC5139.jpg

5. Juvi
    _DSC5110.jpg

2. nice shots - I see they looked like they were bug catching too :)

soon they'll be bigger groups of them - I have them around me in like 12ish

3. sjlarue

sjlarue

Nov 18, 2007
    OH-IO
    I'm hoping to see more as well. I saw some at a distance earlier in the month. The way they were carrying on, I thought that they were swallows. Zipping here and there catching bugs. Great sight to see.

4. russowl

russowl

Jun 9, 2008
    Lima,Ohio
    Great shooting Steve,They are neat,, we get them in and out of the yard here,,, when we have berries on the bushes then I am able to catch them,,,,, one beautiful bird,,

5. sjlarue

sjlarue

Nov 18, 2007
    OH-IO
    Thanks Russ. I didn't know that they had that much color on them. They are definitely a very pretty bird.