Way blown - But I kind of like it!

Hi all,

Was playing with the SB-600 off camera this morning. Most exposures were fine, and then, without adjusting anything, I got this way overdone image.

Was just about to delete it when I thought I would have a look at it in Photoshop.

I quite like it now!

Couple of questions...

1. What do you think?

2. How do I do it again (on purpose this time!)

Thanks,

Paul

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Paul, if I were going to guess, I would say that you increased the contrast causing the highlights to blow completely. Then perhaps a little saturation increase. Hard to say without seeing the original.

I really like this look...you should have it printed on metallic paper. I just got back from this really big photography trade show...and they were showing pics like this on metallic paper...it was really cool looking.

Looks like you did it with Hues & Saturation.

I really like this look...you should have it printed on metallic paper. I just got back from this really big photography trade show...and they were showing pics like this on metallic paper...it was really cool looking.

Looks like you did it with Hues & Saturation.
That sound great - Do they do silver and gold?

btw, when I said 'what I did' I meant camera and flash settings - I didn't really need to do anything with CS3!

Thanks for your time,

Paul

Oh ok ...

It was kind of a black with some silver in it (Paper). The name of the company at the trade show was Fullcolor.com

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom