1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Way blown - But I kind of like it!

Discussion in 'People' started by Firestorm_westy, May 5, 2007.

1. Hi all,

Was playing with the SB-600 off camera this morning. Most exposures were fine, and then, without adjusting anything, I got this way overdone image.

Was just about to delete it when I thought I would have a look at it in Photoshop.

I quite like it now!

Couple of questions...

1. What do you think?

2. How do I do it again (on purpose this time!)

Thanks,

Paul

[​IMG]

2. I take it I am on my own then - Never mind!

3. Paul, if I were going to guess, I would say that you increased the contrast causing the highlights to blow completely. Then perhaps a little saturation increase. Hard to say without seeing the original.

4. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    I really like this look...you should have it printed on metallic paper. I just got back from this really big photography trade show...and they were showing pics like this on metallic paper...it was really cool looking.

Looks like you did it with Hues & Saturation.

5. That sound great - Do they do silver and gold?

btw, when I said 'what I did' I meant camera and flash settings - I didn't really need to do anything with CS3!

Thanks for your time,

Paul

6. brownie2d2x

brownie2d2x Guest

I like it, too. It really pops the red hair and blue eyes on the little darlin.

7. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Oh ok ...

It was kind of a black with some silver in it (Paper). The name of the company at the trade show was Fullcolor.com

8. I like it, nice effect.

9. Cool, thanks!

10. Paul, I like it...kinda got an andy warhol thing going...

11. Thanks John,

As I said, I know it is different, but I like it!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.