WB for night shots................

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by Keith, May 3, 2005.

1. what do you normally set your WB at when doing night landscape pics?? sorry havent had much exposure to this, but will soon!

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Hi Keith. It really depends on the illumination and the look I'm going for. One look I particularly like is Incandescent WB under high pressure sodium lighting. This gives a good range of colors under the (quite monochromatic) illumination, and a surreally blue sky. For example:
    [​IMG]

3. under sodium lighting??? understood the incadescent lighting. LOL..............GREAT shot Chris!

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    HP sodium lights are those yellowish streetlights that have replaced the bluish mercury vapor lamps because of the disposal problems of the latter. Most of my night street photography is done under streetlights. I'm hoping to do some more this Friday, as we have our last city-wide artwalk before the long hot summer. With all the thunderstorms, which I use incandescent for as well. Makes the lightning really electric!

Thanks for the compliment :) - the photo is of last October 27th total lunar eclipse.