We are really going to do it....trading Brett favre

As you all know I live in Green Bay, WI. My connections to the Green Bay Packers date back to my grandparents. I am one of the fortunate that has season tickets and haven't missed a Brett Favre start.

Through the years my family's connections to the organization have grown pretty tight.

It appears that Brett Favre will be traded to another team before the beginning of training camp Monday morning. I am simply beside myself that as an organization the Packers would simply let a quarterback of his caliber walk out the door. An icon and legend in this part of the world and he is heading to another team.....how positively bizarre.

Am I just some homer who cringes at the thought of Favre in another uniform? or is this all wrong?

Sorry, had to rant as I am simply stunned at what I just heard this morning.....

Real Name
Tim
I am on the opposite end of the spectrum as it looks like Tampa Bay is going to pick him up. I wish they would not because this will force Jeff Garcia out. Garcia put this team on his back and carried them into the playoffs last year and this is the thanks he will get. It's a bad situation all around if you ask me. I wish GB would re sign him.
Tim

...Am I just some homer who cringes at the thought of Favre in another uniform? or is this all wrong?

Sorry, had to rant as I am simply stunned at what I just heard this morning.....

With professional sports it ultimately comes down to money. Nothing is sacred.

Things have changed since when I was a kid and your team remained intact and you know all about all the players and they played thier carrers with the same team. free agency and moeny in general has soured this leauge and has gone a lone way to making pro sports below the level they were years ago. I tis equally the fault of the owners and players.

I am on the opposite end of the spectrum as it looks like Tampa Bay is going to pick him up. I wish they would not because this will force Jeff Garcia out. Garcia put this team on his back and carried them into the playoffs last year and this is the thanks he will get. It's a bad situation all around if you ask me. I wish GB would re sign him.
Tim

...and it is going to cost a pretty penny too.

The rumor you ask? First round pick in 2009 draft, 2nd round in 2010 & Garcia goes to Green Bay as Rodgers back-up.....

Seems like you have to keep at score card just to keep up with player now days. Miami just traded JT sorry to see him go but It was the best thing for the team as he was turning into a primadona. Fravre on the other hand didn't play fair and forced the pack to do what they did.

I lived and died by what Elway and the Broncos did - I am really glad that he retired (and stayed so) right after that 2nd SB win so that we didn't have to even consider the possibility of something like this.

As such, I really have to wonder about Favre's decision to play again. It seems he's right on the threshold of undermining a lot of the good he's done for the team, and I would hate to see him go to another team and have a 'Kareem Abdul Jabbar' type ending to his playing days.

Sean

Favre should be embarrassed after all he said at his retirement speech to be considering a come-back after only 4 months.

"I've given everything I possible can give to this organization, to the game of football, and I don't think I've got anything left to give, and that's it."

"I'm much more aware of how hard it is to win in this league and to play at a high level. I'm not up to the challenge anymore. I can play, but I'm not up to the challenge."

And my personal favorite...

"The last thing I want to be is one of those guys who hangs around and, because of my status, they keep me around. They don't know how to tell me no. Will I be a Green Bay Packer for life? Sure. ...I wish the Packers well."

Favre should be embarrassed after all he said at his retirement speech to be considering a come-back after only 4 months.

"I've given everything I possible can give to this organization, to the game of football, and I don't think I've got anything left to give, and that's it."

"I'm much more aware of how hard it is to win in this league and to play at a high level. I'm not up to the challenge anymore. I can play, but I'm not up to the challenge."

And my personal favorite...

"The last thing I want to be is one of those guys who hangs around and, because of my status, they keep me around. They don't know how to tell me no. Will I be a Green Bay Packer for life? Sure. ...I wish the Packers well."

I still like the guy though (but I can't stand football:rolleyes::confused:).

But your point is well taken. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH--GET A LIFE BRETT!!!!

Naaa, Favre will never play down here. I hear it's too hot!
:880::880::880::880::880::880:
:888::888::888::888::888::888:
:887::887::887::887::887::887:

I just now heard that he's going to show up at Packers training camp. I hope he doesn't break a hip. :eek:

I am simply beside myself that as an organization the Packers would simply let a quarterback of his caliber walk out the door. [\QUOTE]

From all of the accounts that I have read, it doesn't sound to me as if it is the organization that bears the brunt of the responsibility here. Brett put them in this position when he retired, coaches have been in contact since. He has apparently changed his mind several times since. The team has to prepare for the season. The last comments and interviews I have heard from Brett have disappointed me, I always thought that he had a lot more integrity than I feel he has shown.

While we complain about money and the way teams are not "loyal" to players, that knife cuts both ways, and we are seeing it here, I believe.

Randy, I would change your statement above as follows:
"I am simply beside myself that a man with the integrity that Brett Favre has shown over the years would put the organization, and his fellow teammates, in such a position."

Naaa, Favre will never play down here. I hear it's too hot!
:880::880::880::880::880::880:
:888::888::888::888::888::888:
:887::887::887::887::887::887:

I just now heard that he's going to show up at Packers training camp. I hope he doesn't break a hip. :eek:

Climate change will take care of that! OR. . .

His contract will include a new covered supper AC dome, with snowmaking equipment!:tongue:

Excellent, Nick! We could use a new snowmaking machine. Our snow cones have a shelf life of only about 12 seconds before they start dripping off our elbows.

Latest threads

Top Bottom