We finally got a break from the rain...

Discussion in 'Birds' started by hillrg, Dec 26, 2005.

1. It was actually sunny for a couple of hours! I went out for a walk with my wife and it was spitting again as we finished the walk. I managed these shots before the rain came back. The are both heavily cropped, and all shot with the 300VR + TC17EII handheld.

Here is a small hoody. One of these days I am going to get close to one of these suckers in some good light...

Just as we finished the walk and I was breaking down my camera to put it in the car I saw a hawk approaching. Unfortunately he never did come directly overhead, but for one moment he made a turn in a shaft of sunlight, with the only blue sky around in the background.

2. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    very nice

nice shots rory.. i know about the rain... only shots i got today were out my dinning room window..

Tim

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Rory,

It's been raining or very overcast here for three days. Looks like we may have a break just for a while tomorrow, so I'm headed out early. :rolleyes:

Nice shots, especially hand held at 510mm. :smile:

4. Good luck Frank! The early bird...

5. Sheesh - is the weather crummy across N. America?

6. Glad you were able to get out Rory. I have major depression going on here. It has rained, is raining, or will be raining by the time I could get out, all weekend. I hope next weekend will be better. Those hooded mergansers are pretty shy around here also.

7. PixelPete

PixelPete Guest

Nice shots Rory,we are having the rain parade down in Portland too...whine!

8. A little whining is good for the soul :biggrin:

9. Glad you caught a break love the hoodie shot some again this weekend at the local zoo/park but they dont count unless they are in the wild. Hope you had a great holiday Rory

10. Hi Jim

I just took a quick gander at your 2005 photos. This one caught my eye...

http://www.pbase.com/jimsthiel/image/53046879

It doesn't get much better IMO.

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Nice images Rory,

Well weather was good here for you guys..I will say no more or you will laugh at me..lolol

12. One of these winters I'm coming down to Florida!

13. Excellent exposure on the Hoody Rory. Tough subjects to get exposed correctly with their dark and bright white markings.

t