1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

We went to the bunny machine!!

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by BostonRott, May 8, 2007.

1. What do you mean "what is a bunny machine?" :confused: 

Oh, you don't speak Emilie-ese?? I'm sorry!!! :eek: 

Allow me to translate: we went to the ATM so that Emilie could buy Mommy an 85/1.8D for Mother's Day. :tongue: :biggrin:

A quick test shot in the apartment of the student from whom we bought the lens. Not too shabby for hand held at 1/20sec. (f/1.8 at ISO 200) :biggrin:

Can't wait til tommorrow with some nice sunlight to really try this lens out!

2. Emilie's a smart kid: knows just the perfect gift for her mummy! :smile:

Congratulations on the new lens!

3. She also knows how to "handle" Daddy! :biggrin: "We sold the 70-300, the 85 is therefore really only $X!!"

4. Congrats on your new lens!! I love the term "Emilie-ese". Way to cute. I thought you were going to the bear making store not the atm.

Sarah

5. Tosh

Tosh

May 6, 2005
    NY
    Gretchen,

Congrats on the new acquisition! You got a super deal.

Just remember, as parent photographers we're only spending all this money on photo gear to make our children look good so as to foster positive self-esteem.
    Best interest of the child and all that. :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :wink:

6. Oooohhh.....the bear store, that might yield large lenses, I'll suggest that in December!! :biggrin:

I'm not sure why she got stuck on "bunny" instead of "money," but it was worth a laugh. "Almost 2" really is a fun age! :smile:

7. Thanks Glenn, your advice this afternoon was much appreciated. :smile:

And yes, always with the best interests of the child. You know, THAT is what the 300mm is for......older children who are embarrased by their parents' presence. :tongue:

8. davidzvi

davidzvi

Apr 30, 2005
    Massachusetts
    David
    Congrats, but weren't you looking to get the 70-300 VR earlier today? I can smell the LL from 4 towns away.

9. Um, yes, I was/am. I think I must have tripped on that 85/1.8 thread. Gotta learn to pick up my feet, my Dad has told me that for YEARS! :tongue:

The 70-300 will be on hold for a bit (maybe). :smile:

10. AISBLE

AISBLE

Nov 29, 2006
    RI
    Congratulations on the new lens Gretchen, both the 85 1.8 and the 70-300VR on on my wish list for Father's Day.:smile:

11. Tony,

If you're willing to drive a bit (i.e. up here to MA), keep an eye on Craig's list. That's where I found this and lately, there's been all sorts of interesting stuff on there. :smile:

12. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Excellent shot:>)))
    Nice lens

13. Hey Gretchen, next time you're at the bunny machine would you get a fistful for me?

My your little one is adorable.

Rich

14. GBRandy

GBRandy

Feb 28, 2006
    Green Bay, WI
    Cute kid....my daughter is named Emily as well...she spoke Emilie-ese a while back...

Her term when she was 4 or 5 was "fridge-a-later" because we always put stuff in there that we wanted for later. :)  Kids......

Congrats on th lens!

15. Congrats on your new tool. Emily is very cute.

16. Congrats on the lens; glad to see you're putting it to good use already. Love the shot.

Ok, back to work-gotta earn some bunny!

17. Thank you Gale, it is a lovely little lens....not big and heavy, but nice IQ and a great focal length! :smile:

Thank you! I "just" missed the shot of her staring mouth agape at the guy I bought it from. He had some significant tatoos on his arms and she was in awe. Ah, timing...... :rolleyes: 

I love it!!! Kids really are sharp, they certainly make you see things in a new light. :biggrin:

Thank you Sam, hopefully someday she'll actually want to look at the camera. :rolleyes: 

Thank you Dave! I look forward to a summer of portraits and really working on technique and composition. :smile:

Of the bunny, tell your boss that you might need a hare more! :eek:  :tongue:

18. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Great story, brings back memories of when my daughter was very very young, with my wife, and she asked Kristin, do you want some food, my daughter said, "Fries" "Fries", Of course I got blamed for that word, but it was actually her grandfather who gave her her first french fry, so Diane being what she thought was quick thinking said, sorry Kristin, we don't have any money,

Next words out of her young mouth was "machine" "machine" they sure do learn words fast!

Congrats on the lens.

Wade

19. LisaR

LisaR Guest

Congrats on the new lens Gretchen! Your daughter is so cute .... and I love the story about the Bunny Machine, but I can tell she knows a great lens when she sees one ..... especially when she tells her Daddy why she "bought" it for you! :eek: )

20. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Congrats on finding this unsung gem Gretchen! For my money, it's the perfect kid lens!

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.