We Won!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gbenic, Sep 14, 2005.

1. We (my family) entered some photos in our local fair. I took first place in the Sports category and second place in the Still Life category. My daughter, who is twelve and just started with my wife's old camera this year, took third in the People, One Person category. Here are the pix:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Congrat's Greg, well deserved. Great pics. :smile:

3. A 1,2,3 - way to go. Many congratulations.

I see a big expensive camera on your daughters shopping list, courtesy of your credit card :wink:

4. Thanks guys. I am especially happy because this year I printed and matted them myself. I enjoyed being in total control of my "vision".

5. Good for you!!!!!! Congratulations... always nice to get a pat on the back.

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Great job Greg. Love the first image very much...great facial expression, wonderful DOF and cropping.

7. Great Job!!!

8. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Congrats to you and your daughter! How proud you both must be!

9. Greg, congrats! That first picture is fantastic! You should be very proud!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

10. Well done, Greg!!

11. Fun to win isn't it Greg. Way to go.

12. I really appreciate everyone's kind remarks. It wasn't just about winning. It was about hundreds (thousands?) of people looking at my photos. Sometimes I just like to show off!

13. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Congratulations, Greg! A real good job. I love the first one (no wonder you took 1st with it).

14. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    WOW how fun is this !!! Good job.

Good work.. Congrats to you and your daughter.

That expression is priceless :>)))

15. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Congrats, Greg and daughter! Great shots!

BTW - where is that soccer field in the first shot? Looks like cemetary headstones in the background - is that what I'm seeing?

16. Again, thanks for the comments.

Drueter, yes those are headstones. The soccer field is in the Terre Hill, PA community park. It is actually a "mobile" soccer field. It was set up just for a clinic lasting a few days. The clinic was sponsored by the local church. I assume that is their cemetery.