Weather and D2h

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by sbutchin, Oct 14, 2005.

1. sbutchin

sbutchin

Mar 1, 2005
    NJ
    Has anyone experienced shooting in light rain with the D2h? I'm concerned about how it will affect the inner components. thanks

2. Brian

Brian

Apr 30, 2005
    Toronto
    I have done it a few times, just dry it off from time to time. Make sure it's not dripping wet when you try to change the lens, battery or CF card and you should be ok. Clean the camera when you are done.

The weather seal (or whatever it's called) should be sufficient for light rain.

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I have shot during a very light mist, but I was constantly wiping the body and lens off. I am never happy to shoot in moist weather, but Nikon professes that the D2H does well in wet weather. Just use common sense and all should be fine.

4. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    I've got one for you guys. about 4(?) yrs ago I left my tripod-mounted D1X/80-400VR out on my deck overnight in the rain!!! It wasn't til the next morning over coffee did I discover this huge faux pas. Took the lens off, dried everything off real well, then placed in above my fridge where it was warm for a good day, and it never missed a beat, or should I say shutter click. So, ya Nikon waterproofs their pro bodies pretty well, I'd say!