Weather Geek Thread: please post your favorite links here

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by spalding12, Sep 6, 2008.

1. oh yeah...
    i LOVE this one
    excellent, Nick

i really appreciate you posting it here

2. One for the Canucks here....

www.weatheroffice.com

Links you to the official Govt of Canada weather services.

3. I use Noaa, but really I'm a hands on guy with weather. I like to get out and drive around in bad storms (carefully), so I can feel the power generated. My wife says I'm crazy, and really I'm not much of a daredevil in other areas. Hurricanes are fasinating to me, the energy these things produce is overwhelming. I don't know why I am that way but I quit fighting it years ago and went into the storms.I feel alive there, all sences are on full go. Go figure, It's just me I suppose.
    Tim

4. that is a great link, James
    thanks for posting it here

5. i don't think that's crazy at all
    movies have been made about such folks
    and i think that there are many more "closet hurricane hunters" out there than you imagine

cool post
    thanks

6. Ditto on weather.com and wunderground.com.

I love watching the radar on incoming storms. I also like listening to the national weather service broadcasts.

7. Tosh

Tosh

May 6, 2005
    NY
  8. that is a very cool forum, Glenn
    thanks for the post and link

9. i hope that more of you will see this thread and clue us in on YOUR favorite weather sites
    thanks, in advance

10. I have weatherbug.com on my computer..

11. I think we have the most effective weathersite.www.buienradar.nl It shows the actual weather radar from the Netherlands and Europe.The European part tells you what we can have (or not) for about 12 hours.The Dutch part is a matter of hours.When the wind is blowing from the South South West i have a look at www.zeegat.nl as well. From that part to my house it is some 50 km in a straight line,so about one hour for rain.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.