Website Critique

Discussion in 'Formal Portraits and Weddings' started by andrecainphotos, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Ive been on here a while and watched from afar,and finally got the nerve to post work. If anyone would like to give me some critique on my new website, comments are greatly appreciated. Business has been good so far, but I still have alot to learn. I think its a good starter website, but Id like someone who isnt biased to give me their opinion.

http://www.andrecainphotography.com

2. Hi Dre,

It's a pretty clean site and easy to navigate, and the main image is very representative of your specialty - those elements I like.

From a flash developer perspective, I always have the default volume level as low as possible - nothing gets a quick exit like a site that unexpectedly blasts music. I like it when the site asks if I want to view it with music on or off as a starting point. The background used for the gallery pages conflicts with the colors in the images; some complementary colors would make it more appealing.

Sean

3. Thanks

Im going to fix that music issue immediately, and look into the color situation you mentioned as well.
    Thanks a million.

4. Walter

Walter

Jan 13, 2006
    Columbia, Maryland
    Walter Rowe
    You images are covered across the top by the navigation bar. That is fine when they are only serving as a muted background to other content. I would keep the images entirely free of other design elements like music controls and navigation bars, etc, when they are the primary point of focus for the visitor. I also think it is not intuitive that My Favorites is your Portfolio. I like an explicit name for Gallery or Portfolio. You can still have a My Favorites section if you desire.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.