website editor/publisher question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Matt S, Jun 15, 2005.

1. I currently use JAlbulm to make and update my website for photos. However every time I wish to add a photo I must go through a process that takes several minutes to complete. So my question is this. Is there a program (freeware would be nice) that has true drag and drop ability for adding photos to the site? I would like something that makes it as simple as draging the photo to the appropriate gallery (folder) and hitting an upload button. Am I dreaming or does this exist?

2. Zulu-

Zulu- Guest

I dont know if a system like that exists look at the following link, that is a very good gallery system and it's free. It's based on php.

http://spgm.sourceforge.net

3. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

4. Man this PHP stuff has got me lost. I have downloaded PHP and installed it but I connot figure out how to set it up. So where do I find the PHP for dummies website??? Anyway a couple of hours of playing around with different albulm makers and trying this PHP stuff. It must be bed time.

5. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005

6. jgrove

jgrove

Apr 13, 2005
    Halesowen,UK
    Several good system are available, the best as far as i am concerend will be

Exhibit Engine V1.5 (Which is due out soon) The beta is great!

PoP Photo Studio V4 Due out soon (V3.5.3 is a superb PHP script)

And EOD which is an extention for BreezeBrowser,Iview and JAlbum,Imatch

All except the last require some PHP and HTML knowloedge as well as MySQL database. If you do a web search you`ll find more info out on these products.

7. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005