Website Question

I really need to get a site for when I shoot events so people can view photos and buy, vs them emailing me for proofs, me manually making proofs and then emailing them back. The only thing is most websites I see when they buy a print it's the direct file that I uploaded and that's not what I want. I like to edit my photos after anyone buys them. Is there a site that has an online store/viewing but when they buy I get a notification so I can edit the photo and then email it out? Or something like that, thanks!

look at zenfolio.com or smugmug.com
When the buy the photo I don't want the photo I uploaded, I want to get notified that they are going to buy it and then I'll send it to them.

When the buy the photo I don't want the photo I uploaded, I want to get notified that they are going to buy it and then I'll send it to them.

Looks like you can replace it with Zenfolio as you can elect to approve the order before it is processed. Best thing to do is get in touch with tech support of zenfolio and smugmug to see if you can do that if you are interested with those companiesm
http://help.zenfolio.com/customer/portal/articles/644759-order-approval

Are you wanting to send them a digital image or a print?

With Zenfolio, the customer can make the purchase and you can fulfill the order yourself any way you want - or you can automate the entire process - or anything between. Pretty flexible.

Hope that helps - if you do decide to use Zenfolio, be sure to apply the discount code found in my signature

Zenfolio is what a lot of us use. With a Zenfolio site you get all the options you are looking for, along with the added bonus of being able to upload full-size-full-rez images that are quite well protected.

One thing to be aware of, and this is where self-fulfillment and/or order approval is REALLY handy, is that a customer can specify a crop on the site. When you self-fulfill or have approval set, you will see what the customer wanted, and if it is a crop that you think will produce a bad image, say cropping just a head shot out of a group of 50 and asking for a 16x20 print :eek::eek:, you can stop that and contact the customer. Very convenient. This is the way I have my site set up. If you have specific questions, drop me a PM.

When I was making my decision I chose Zenfolio over SmugMug for 2 reasons. Most important was that I liked the back-end technical infrastructure of Zenfolio better, I felt from an IT standpoint that it was more robust. Second I liked the features, such as the self fullfillment and approval. Now, to be fair, this was a few years ago so things could very well have changed.

The Focused Eye site in my signature is built on Zenfolio.

Looks pretty good for a beginner - the watermark is your own on the images you uploaded, or applied by the website? Could do it either way....

Zenfolio allows you to create your own watermark and upload it, then apply it to your photos.

Carole

I really need to get a site for when I shoot events so people can view photos and buy, vs them emailing me for proofs, me manually making proofs and then emailing them back. The only thing is most websites I see when they buy a print it's the direct file that I uploaded and that's not what I want. I like to edit my photos after anyone buys them. Is there a site that has an online store/viewing but when they buy I get a notification so I can edit the photo and then email it out? Or something like that, thanks!

If you are going to go into photography with the intent of selling your photographs, you should consider getting your own domain name. It's much more professional than the generic Zenfolio URL.

It's also very easy to set up your Zenfolio account so that you can either approve all prints before they are made, or you can do self fulfillment.

Carole

I looked at several at the end of last year and opened for Zenfolio as I can easily turn of the selling feature when I feel like doing so.

I am not a website designer and it only took 2 days to make this site, I highly recommend zenfolio.

I've been doing that for years with Smug Mug. They notify me of a pending sale, I check the public file and do any necessary editing then insert the edited file for fulfillment.

It only becomes a problem if I am offline and out of "internet" range for a few days. They will print and ship when my predetermined number of waiting days has elapsed rather than keep the customer waiting.

So, Yes, you can do it through Smug Mug.

I set up a zenfolio and LOVE it! Going to purchase it now. Thanks everyone!

Latest threads

Top Bottom