website!

Hello Everyone,

Well, the reason I haven't been around much is simply because I locked myself in my room, forced myself to learn Flash and finally built my photo website. Since I value all of your opinions, I wanted to post a thread encouraging constructive feedback on my site.

I'm temporary hosting the site here: Disparate Media

Thanks in advance for taking time to look! I hope everyone is having a very safe, fun and enjoyable Memorial Day weekend :)

-Joshua

Hey Joshua,
The site looks really great!!! I like your philosophy statement.
The works posted are all simply stunning.

Well done.........learned flash eh? *That's* dedication.

Great website and really superb shots!

Out of interest, what software did you use to put the site together?

Hello Mart,

I knew someone who had a copy of Flash MX and Dreamweaver 8. I built the entire site in Flash MX. The only HTML I have in place is the index.html page with the flash movie embedded. Also, the background file outside of the .swf movie is also in place on the index.html page.

I was learning as I built it so I ran into a lot of scripting issues. I wanted each section to preload so I ended up building 5 separate .swf movies.

If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact me through a PM or email.

Thank you so much for the positive feedback on the site and my work :)

Hey Joshua,
The site looks really great!!! I like your philosophy statement.
The works posted are all simply stunning.

Well done.........learned flash eh? *That's* dedication.

Stu,

You're far too kind sir :)

Yes, I wanted to learn Flash for years. My girlfriend was a huge inspiration to me. With her support and motivation, I finally started putting it together.

Also...I never responded to your comment on my last post. I believe it was a photo of Rachel and you asked about lighting. I shot in natural light with the 50mm. In PP, I added a soft omni light on a new layer and erased what I didn't like. I tried to keep the natural direction of light.

I took a look at your site too! Well done!! Your work is incredible and you've been a huge inspiration to me. I love how you including the "my muse" section :) So gorgeous!! Thank you for looking at the site and for the positive feedback.

Site looks great Joshua!! Awesome photos as well.

Keith,

How you have been??? I saw some of your recent posts and I'm very impressed with your work!! You're putting the beast and the cream machine into great use!! I appreciate the positive feedback on the site :) What software did you use to put your site together? I like the idea of having galleries. Thank you!!

Stu,

You're far too kind sir :)

Yes, I wanted to learn Flash for years. My girlfriend was a huge inspiration to me. With her support and motivation, I finally started putting it together.

Also...I never responded to your comment on my last post. I believe it was a photo of Rachel and you asked about lighting. I shot in natural light with the 50mm. In PP, I added a soft omni light on a new layer and erased what I didn't like. I tried to keep the natural direction of light.

I took a look at your site too! Well done!! Your work is incredible and you've been a huge inspiration to me. I love how you including the "my muse" section :) So gorgeous!! Thank you for looking at the site and for the positive feedback.

Thanks for the lighting/PP info Josh. I had forgotten about that, but I really do love that photo.

My new, flash based, website is under development now and I hope it will be as cool as yours. I'm having to hire the work out though (part cash and part trade for portraits)......I don't think I have the discipline to learn flash at this point. I think it is a must have technology for a great photo website these days.

Again.....great work!!

Joshua,
Eclectic. Long on creativity. The vision jumps off the screen because the photographic work is excellent. Great job.
David

As someone who has just been through the rigours of building his own website, I can really appreciate the efforts you have gone too. Unfortunately I never quite got there with a full flash website and have gone down the route of HTML/CSS/PHP/3rd Party Flash Galleries and lots of help from my friends ! Jees Web design has chnaged a lot since I was at Uni - LOL

I love how simple your design is and may use this ethos to redo my site. As well as this I really like that you are not showing millions of images. Again a big mistae I have made. From reading ken Rockwell's pages I have learn't that I should only be showing my best works, so I'm about to rip the site apart and really declutter it.

Your site ? First class a great job well done ! Congratulations.

thanks for all the feedback everyone!!!!

sorry for the delay in reply...I was in Boston over the past few days :)

i really appreciate all the feedback! thank you.

W

Wild Style

Hello Everyone,

Well, the reason I haven't been around much is simply because I locked myself in my room, forced myself to learn Flash and finally built my photo website. Since I value all of your opinions, I wanted to post a thread encouraging constructive feedback on my site.

I'm temporary hosting the site here: Disparate Media

Thanks in advance for taking time to look! I hope everyone is having a very safe, fun and enjoyable Memorial Day weekend :)

-Joshua
I have to tell you. I am a network admin/ programmer and I have seen a lot of sites in my day. You sir are extremely talented. You should look into doing websites as a side job because that really is impressive.

J

jasonlawton

Looks a really good site. I know the time and effort that goes into making a website and I think yours works - some great images in there

Jason:smile:

Your website is beautiful! I love all of the areas but my favorite is "performance". Those are some emotion evoking shots...LOVE the last one on the top row.

Latest threads

Top Bottom