Websites

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gmaker1, Jun 4, 2007.

1. I am thinking of selling my images on line. Any suggestions of places to look?

Thanks,
    Gil

2. acena

acena

Mar 14, 2006
    New Jersey
    Not one site will serve your needs. They all have shortfalls. You will have to find one whose capabilities most overlap with your needs. I use Printroom and PhotoSHelter

3. GBRandy

GBRandy

Feb 28, 2006
    Green Bay, WI
    I am trialling Exposure Manager...my first foray into this arena. Printroom was my second choice....I just like the simplicity of Exposure manager.

4. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN
    I use Smugmug. www.smugmug.com

my site;www.knippixels.com

here is a very good article about online sales. it tells it like it is. unless people are being directed to your site for a specific reason, don't get your hopes up. simply posting your pics on the web, with the hope that people will find them and buy them(no matter how nice the photos are), sorry, it's not going to happen.

http://wizwow.blogspot.com/2007/05/selling-pics-online-perspective.html

this week marks my first month with smugmug. I've had almost $400 in sales. but I specialize in kids sports, and ALL of my sales have come from parents and grandparents who were directed to my site by me. ie; business cards, not google.

I had a different web site when I was doing the art show circuit a few years ago.
    bestofmedia2.
    :biggrin:

same thing. most of the sales I got through that site were from people who were directed there from someone who came through my booth. the number of sales I got from people who 'found' that site online could be counted on one hand. :wink: