Wedding Day

Discussion in 'People' started by greyflash, Jun 15, 2005.

1. I did a wedding shoot just before I left for Italy and will share a couple of images with you. This is a second marriage for this couple who are in their 50's.

Nikon D2H, 17-55mm f2.8, virtually no manipulation of the image.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice Gordon,

Lovely couple :>))

Wish them much happiness.

3. Thanks Gale, I am still processing their pictures so hope they like them. It was a very small wedding held at a house.

4. Very nice Gordon, the bride is a beautiful woman you did a great job capturing this event

5. Gordon;

Very nice shots. I'm sure the couple will be happy with them.

By the way, welcome back. I trust the Italy trip went well.

Brian

6. Thanks Mike I appreciate your comments. I have pretty much decided that I don't like weddings and probably will not do any more. I just need to finish up the last two I did.

7. Hi Brian, the Italy trip did go well and I will be posting some images next week. Thanks for your comments.

8. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Real nice captures Gordon

They should love your great work!

9. Re: Real nice captures Gordon

Hi Steve, I appreciate you taking the time to look at these images and for your nice comments.

10. Great shots Gordon!

Every once in a while I think about gearing up to do the occasional wedding. Then, after thinking about all the demands, etc., I reconsider...

My nephew got married this past weekend. I took my gear of course and got about 500 candids, etc. I was surprised to see that their pro photographer shot w/a D70 mounted in a flash bracket w/a SB-800 and nothing else; no tripod, extra lighting, etc. I'm curious to see how her posed shots came out. I made the mistake of trying to shoot the ceremony from the choir loft w/my new 80-400 VR. Not enough light. I mounted it on a tripod but even that didn't help. I think I may have got a few keepers but by and large, most of the shots had motion blur and were WAY too noisy. Should have used the 80-200 2.8 and just settled for the reach. The reception shots I took using the 18-70mm seemed to turn out OK for the most part.

11. What a lovely couple. And very nice captures.