Wedding Day

I did a wedding shoot just before I left for Italy and will share a couple of images with you. This is a second marriage for this couple who are in their 50's.

44857985.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

44857981.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Nikon D2H, 17-55mm f2.8, virtually no manipulation of the image.

mike mac said:
Very nice Gordon, the bride is a beautiful woman you did a great job capturing this event

Thanks Mike I appreciate your comments. I have pretty much decided that I don't like weddings and probably will not do any more. I just need to finish up the last two I did.

greyflash said:
I have pretty much decided that I don't like weddings and probably will not do any more. I just need to finish up the last two I did.
Great shots Gordon!

Every once in a while I think about gearing up to do the occasional wedding. Then, after thinking about all the demands, etc., I reconsider...

My nephew got married this past weekend. I took my gear of course and got about 500 candids, etc. I was surprised to see that their pro photographer shot w/a D70 mounted in a flash bracket w/a SB-800 and nothing else; no tripod, extra lighting, etc. I'm curious to see how her posed shots came out. I made the mistake of trying to shoot the ceremony from the choir loft w/my new 80-400 VR. Not enough light. I mounted it on a tripod but even that didn't help. I think I may have got a few keepers but by and large, most of the shots had motion blur and were WAY too noisy. Should have used the 80-200 2.8 and just settled for the reach. The reception shots I took using the 18-70mm seemed to turn out OK for the most part.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom