Wedding Emotions

Discussion in 'People' started by Terri French, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    I have a sister, Ronda, who has never married. She has a dear friend, Debbie, who has rented part of her home from her for 15 or so years. They have been such good companions for each other although both have longed to meet someone to love and marry.

Well, Debbie met just that person a year or so ago and this weekend was the glorious wedding. It was a bittersweet time for my sister as she was so happy for Debbie, but so sad and worried about her future living alone.

Debbie asked me to take some photos. I have a lot to go through but here are a few. (As you can imagine, Debbie is like a sister to me.)

I would love any comments and suggestions as these have not been sent to a printer yet.

Debbie and Mark the day before the wedding. Debbie was not comfortable at all being photographed, but we tried to get her to relax and enjoy it. We only had a short time to get a few shots. They wanted a photo to display at the wedding party to be held that night. It was 95 degrees outside and very sunny in the middle of the day. All we could find for shade was a couple of trees in the yard.

original.

I'm so disappointed that the following two turned out blurry. My low light shots of moving people were all out of focus. I've got to learn how to shoot in those conditions better.

View attachment 101322

View attachment 101323

Debbie and my sister, Ronda. Debbie was very emotional when she was around Ronda. Ronda has done so much for her over the years.

View attachment 101324

No photos were taken during the wedding ceremony, but here is one outside of the temple where the wedding occurred right after the ceremony.

View attachment 101325

The door of the temple

View attachment 101326

Enjoying a few moments together. Believe me--these two could not wipe the smiles off their faces. I've hardly ever seen such joy!

I don't know how you wedding photographers do it. It is a stressful job, but I guess gets easier with experience.

View attachment 101327

2. Firelarz

Firelarz

Feb 26, 2006
    Chandler, AZ
    Terri, I think you did great work! #2 that is blurry, try to soften the image like you would with a soft filter. Someone here will know how to do it well and I think it would look great. They do look very happy!

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Those are great images.

A ton better than most wedding type pics i have seen here

Not an easy chore for sure.
    I don't think that image is soft myself.

Yes I just got new glasses....lolol

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2007
  4. Nice images Terri. Beautiful bride and sweet story.

5. Beautiful images Terri! I think you did a fantastic job. For #2, I would try some filters in PS, to see if there's some way to salvage that shot. It's too nice to let it go.

6. These are great Terri. I'm glad everything went so well. I'd like to see more.

7. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

and your sister isa good looking gal ..someone is missing out..;-))

8. What wonderful photos, Terri! The bride and groom look SO happy!! You captured their joy perfectly!

9. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Good idea. I'll see if I can learn how to do something new today!!!

Gale,
    You are so kind. It was fun to give it a try, but I don't think I would want to do wedding photos all the time. I don't do well under the pressure of having to get it right because you only have one chance.

Roy,
    Thanks. Glad you enjoyed the story. I think it is a sweet story as well.

Thanks. I will keep working on No. 2. Debbie loved it, so I would like to make it into something nice for her.

10. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Brian,
    Other than the fact that it was too hot, the day was just about perfect.
    Besides being good looking, she is very smart, talented, and nice. I agree that someone is missing out on quite a catch. We are so proud of her. She worked with Mitt Romney on the Salt Lake Olympic committee and organized all the health care for the athletes. She is a very accomplished person.

Connie,
    Glad you enjoyed them. It was such a happy day.

11. Nice Work Terri, your sister has some beautiful eyes...

I really like #2.

Tim

12. All of your practice taking family portraits paid off here, Terri! You did very nicely for your first wedding :biggrin:.

Ummm, you may need to increase the power on your reading glasses. Those look just fine to me. To my eye, none of the "improvements" folks have presented in the other thread you started have matched up to the originals.

13. Terri, I love the shots! Especially the one of their hands on the Salt Lake Temple doors! I think it's also screaming B&W ;)

14. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Thanks so much. My sister and Debbie are both beautiful.

Thanks for your observations. I'll relook at my sharpening on No. 1. It's a fine line between enough and too much, that's for sure. Glad you like No. 2. Seems like a lot of other folks think it is good. Maybe I'm too hard on myself.

Thanks, Frank. Well, my eyes aren't the best but I do have good reading glasses! Glad you think I did a good job. I've got a lot more to work on. We have a another family wedding this weekend, so I'll probably get some more experience.

OK, I just converted it to B&W for the couple. Hope they like it. I've never been a huge fan of B&W, but am starting to like it more and more all the time. I forget about using it and am glad when someone reminds me.

15. Donniec

Donniec

Jan 6, 2007
    Harvest, Alabama
    Donnie Claxton
    Terri, I think you did a really good job. I like the shot of their hands on the door.