Wedding Experiments

Discussion in 'People' started by tweber, Sep 15, 2005.

1. tweber

tweber

Feb 12, 2005
    St. Louis
    While working on B&W conversions, using a channel mixer adjustment layer, I came upon an effect which looks kind of like the hand colored photos a photographer friend of mine does. I kind of like it and am interested in your impressions:

original.

During the reception I also experimented with using rear sync flash and shooting at 1/25th f2.8. I also kind of liked the sense of motion that resulted as well as the ambient light. I'm also interested in your thoughts and impressions:

View attachment 15482

Thanks for any comments and reactions.

Tom

2. Tom
    I like both, I am shooting a informal wedding end of October and have been thinking about some ideas using rear sync also, so this is very timely I really like the look of it sort of dreamy.

3. tweber

tweber

Feb 12, 2005
    St. Louis
    I agree, Mike and thanks for your comments. Something else occurred to me, which I've often read about but never connected the dots - (my very slow brain). Even at slow shutter speeds the action is frozen. Finally, the wide open aperture was really preferable for getting in the ambient light in the room.

Good luck with your wedding.

Tom

4. I have quit using rear curtain sync in low light situations for the very reason you have shown. I will say that on this image it doesn't look bad, sort of a dreamy quality about it.