Wedding Gallery

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by greyflash, May 12, 2005.

1. My wedding gallery from last Saturday is complete on Pbase. I hope my friends from the Cafe will stop by and take a look. The link is as follows:

http://www.pbase.com/greyflash

You will need to use the password "caten" to be able to enter this particular gallery. I would appreciate your comments and critique.

2. Great work!

You managed the exposure of all that highlight prone stuff really well. I can't even imagine how I would go about doing the same.

Must be gratifying to see your grand daughter get married. To see your family prepare for the third generation after you! :)

3. Gordon, you handled the difficult lighting like a pro! That's a great collection of colorful and sharp images!
    I'm sure it's going to be a hit with the happy couple :).

4. Hi Gordon,

Wow! You've got a very good assortment there: you must have spent the whole day behind the camera! Hopefully you had a little bit of time to enjoy and partake into the event also.

You must be very proud of your grand-daughter and I think that you should be proud of the photographer as well: he did good, in tough circumstances, and I'd rather have him be there than me!... ;-) :lol:

5. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Great job, Gordon. Holly will love you even more for those wonderful shots of her happy day!

6. Fantastic job Gordon you must have been sweating bullets with the high harsh sun and the white dresses but you did a great job, They will be thrilled with these.

7. To Beezle, Uncle Frank, Philippe, Leigh, and Mike:

Thanks so much for taking the time to look at my gallery. It was very hard work and yes, I was sweating bullets with the lighting. This is my first wedding shoot and I swore it would be my last (an empty threat). White dresses and that terribly bright sun did not good companions make. I really appreciate your kind comments and support.

8. Gordon;

Beautiful shots of the wedding celebrations! The lighting was fantastic especially given the less-than-perfect natural light. Did you use reflectors with flash or was it all on-camera flash? I imagine you used an SB-800?

Again, you did yourself proud.

Brian

9. I used the SB-800 the entire day but also used some diffusers and on occasion a reflector. The most difficult shots were the group pictures in that my flash did little to fill in the shadows in the eye sockets, etc. Photo ops were coming at me so fast I had little time and just reacted with instinct. Many time I knew how to do better but did not have the time to implement it. All in all, pretty hectic. Thanks for you comments. :D :D

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Great Job.

Beautiful Beautiful Bride and Groom and The Children are darling.

Wow..

Congrats on a wonderful job !!!!!!

11. Thanks so much Gale, I think we will keep them all (the kids I mean). Appreciate your comments and for you taking the time to look. We have good friends here on the forum.

12. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Great job Gordon! And what a beautiful day for a wedding! I'm sure they will be very pleased with the photos! My daughter just got engaged, so I'll be faced with chosing a wedding photographer soon -- hope they do as well as you did!

13. Weddings are special days for young ladies so I hope all goes well for your daughter. Thanks for your comments on my gallery.

14. Rob G.

Rob G. Guest

Great shots

Hi Gordon,

Really great shots! A real inspiration for my oncomming wedding of my sister in August. I especially like the photo with the children and the ring photo.

I saw you used the SB-800. I'm going to shoot mostly indoors at the wedding. Do you have some tips&tricks?

I'm planning to buy the SB-600 with the omnibounce diffuser and the LumiQuest ProMax Pocket Bouncer for high ceiling situations.

I'm only going to shoot at the party, because the pro photographer isn't present anymore. It's fun to have some photo's on that evening as well.
    The party is in a castle so lighting will be challanging I guess :)

Anyway, thanks for the great shots.

Regards,

Rob.

15. Re: Great shots

Hi Rob and good luck with your upcoming wedding shoot. For indoor shots it looks like you have all the right equipment. I use my camera on manual or aperature so as to control the background. If things are coming at me fast I switch to iTTL and Program and let the D2H do it's thing. The SB800 and SB600 are great flashes and with a little practice beforehand you will do well. Thanks for your comments about my gallery.

16. mrdinh

mrdinh

Mar 8, 2005
    North Dakota
    gordon...nice work!...btw, i just got a sb800...will use if for d1x and d2h..any recommendated settings?

i don't see any ceremony pics...did those not come out great as the rest?

17. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Hey, isn't that the Mormon Church in SD? I went to school right across the street from it. Aren't you in Utah? I think they don't allow cameras inside the church, right? I'm guessing that's why you don't have any ceremony shots?

I drive by that place every week. Were you just there for the job? I would have loved to meet you.

Anyways, great shots. You did excellent, and I'm sure the bride and groom must have been pleased.

18. Thanks for your comments. As I mentioned in the original post, no cameras are allowed during the ceremony in the temple so that is why you don't see any images of that.

19. Hi Gregory, this is the San Diego temple as you stated and you are also right about no cameras in the temple. I was there just for this ceremony and had I known that you lived close by I would have got in touch with you. :) Thanks for your comments, this is a beautiful spot for a wedding with the tall spires of the temple and beautiful grounds.

20. JAM

JAM

Apr 30, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Gordon,

Very nice wedding gallery! I know they will really appreciate your work and dedication; even more so in years to come.

John