Wedding images , Hamilton gardens NZ

Discussion in 'People' started by Desmond, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Formals020.

I've done a few wedding now as the official photographer , at cheap rates while telling the couple that I am no professional and they have the option of paying 5X as much for a pro if they would prefer . So far I have had reasonable success and have set up a site for future reference due to the amount of work involved [ www.creativephotos.co.nz ] Since I can't remember how to post pictures here I will have only one in this post .....

2. ok , so I got it right , here are a few more ...
    Formals079su58.

Formals310237.

Formals269199.

Formals296225.

Formals202142.

Formals065suc49.

ok , I know there will be comments like " the one with selective colour is "too cheesy" " but those are the ones the couple really love and I will continue to produce them .
    And I put no. 3 in to show people to look out for shadows and reflections if they are trying wireless flash !

3. Fremlin

Fremlin

Jan 29, 2006
    Scotland
    They are all really good. I have only done one wedding before and I didn't enjoy it much. I think at the end of the day you need to remember that every couple is different so their taste may be completely different to another's. As you said if the couple like the selective colouring then that's what you give them.

4. Great shots,... #5 is FABULOUS !!

5. Those are great shots - very imaginative. I've been to the Hamilton Gardens - I had to drag my wife away from there kicking and screaming before she applied for a job.

Sean

6. You have some really nice shots here Desmond. Sound like you have carved yourself out a niche market and that is good.

7. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

think it's time raise your rates ...well done...;-)))

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very well done and a bit different

Just as long as they like them they are perfect...lol

9. Thanks for the comments , I have done about 7 weddings now fairly cheap and have reached the point where I am pretty confident in my results though I still have much to "perfect"/learn . My tutor on a "beginners wedding photography " course chose me to forward his extra work onto and set up the site for me at the same rates he charges . He still shoots film and supplies 250 6X4 prints in a cardboard box for $1599NZ [ about US$1000 ] .
    I think I can do better at 900-1100 pictures per wedding [ quite a few are "comparison "shots , I have the function button programmed to "cancel flash" and take one of each , with and without flash, most of the times flash looks better ] . I provide 2 identical DVD's of all the images full size and 4 copies of a 700 meg cd with about 500 "favourites " resized for sharing .
    At my new price I will provide some prints as well though . You can see I do like the selective colour though:biggrin: , the beauty of digital is that they can just delete it if they dont !

Samelbeach124modsbwc.

Of course then"walking heart " also got a good response from the couple [ this was a rough version before I perfected it ]

3Samelgroup109.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2007
  10. cuss2much

cuss2much Guest

nice work...

walking heart is very unique at least to me, I've never seen it before...

and I'm noticing with selective color, seems photographers hate it but clients love it..

11. Originally I was discouraged from "different" images for weddings on the forums but have learned that the customers love them regardless of what the "experts " say . What I do [ against the "better judgement" of most "pros" ] is to download the images at the reception and project them on a screen for everyone to see . The "oooh's" and "aaaaah's" tell me when people like a picture or a selective colour that I do at the time which steers my future manipulation of images .

12. In the 5th pix, if you would clone out the shadow that the bride is casting on the knee wall, it will look more like the effect that she is in his hand.
    Great idea! Nice Job.

Tim