Wedding Number 2 of the Weekend

Discussion in 'People' started by bep207, May 30, 2007.

1. bep207

bep207

Nov 27, 2006
    Columbia, MO
    As most of you know, I shot mrsollars' wedding on Saturday May 26th, the following day I was assigned to do his wife's aunt's wedding. She was from out of town, she and her now-husband have been together for a long time. They figured since the entire family was already gathered, that this would be a good time to get married. Her mother is also very ill, and she wanted to get married while her mother was still alive.

I have completely edited all of their pictures and posted them for their viewing.
    It was a much smaller wedding that Matt's... approximately 300 images versus 1800 for Matt's. No reception, no rehearsal, just a quick wedding with some formal pictures.

PREPARATION PHOTOS
    D80 with 17-50 f/2.8 SB-800 on board and bounced

The Dress
    [​IMG]

Daughter helping mother
    [​IMG]

Neice helping bride
    [​IMG]

Daughter fastening mom's dress
    [​IMG]

On the way to the sanctuary
    [​IMG]

FORMALS
    Bride
    [​IMG]

Bride and Groom
    [​IMG]

Whole Family
    [​IMG]

Bride and Mother
    [​IMG]

Ceremony
    Groom waiting at alter
    [​IMG]

Bridesmaid/daughter
    [​IMG]

Bride and Groom at alter
    [​IMG]

The kiss
    [​IMG]

It was a very fun and very exhausting weekend. I learned alot and am excited about the wedding Matt and I will be shooting this July.

All comments and suggestions are absolutely appreciated.

Thanks
    Blake

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2007
  2. bep207

bep207

Nov 27, 2006
    Columbia, MO
    i just noticed something in picture 2 (daughter helping mother)
    I am in it
    I cloned myself out
    I am in the process of replacing that photo

Blake

3. JakeB.

JakeB. Guest

Solid stuff Blake... nice lighting on the formals.
    I like the groom waiting at the alter shot.

4. Lighting seems to be nice and everything is exposed well. Most people dont understand how rough wedding photography is until you try it... but you have done well on the two we've seen. Black tux and white dresses are murder to get right...

5. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!

Amen to that! Yeah wedding photography is probably the hardest of them all...you gotta really be on your feet and your mind totally ready.

I had a cousin ask me if I could PLEASE shoot her wedding...I had to decline - I can do others but I just can't do family weddings. :confused: Not sure why.

Pictures look good...some look a little soft...but I think the softness adds a little to the pics. Good job!

6. Nice stuff, Blake... I hope i can do as well on my first wedding coming up in August.

7. Cabrams

Cabrams Guest

Very nice work blake, I will have to say that I was expecting you to have a cautious eye for your first weddings. I am very impressed that you took some chances with your angles and lens choices. By the way how do you like your 17-50 lens? I had a hard time passing it off to Mrsollars. I checked out your photos of his wedding also. Again very imperssed. I may have to invite the 2 of you along to assist with some of mine. Did the lighting help you out or did you stick with the sb-800s on all of them?

Very, Very, nice work.

Corey