Wedding Proposel

Discussion in 'People' started by Gary7770, Jun 19, 2007.

1. So,

I'm getting ready to pop the question. :eek:

My plan is to do it after dinner down by the Wilmington DE River Front one evening.

Idea 1
    What I was thinking was during an after dinner stroll, we happen to wander upon a photographer thats all set up for a shoot but thats missing his/her "clients". And just for fun I offer that my girl and I pose for some test shots. Of course during which one of the shots is the proposel and the reactions/emotions afterwards.

Idea 2
    Flash Mob:
    If there was alot of interest, during & after the proposal, cameras and flashes out of nowhere paparazzi style.

Idea 3 - Combination of the two above.

Thoughts and comments?

Thanks,
    Gary

2. #1 - big time!
    Great idea, just be sure to get back here with a report (and the picture :smile:).

Best wishes for success Gary and don't forget to have a great time, in spite of the pressure...:smile::smile:

3. #1 for sure...

Gary, that's really a cool idea. Home run for sure...

4. ffemt128

ffemt128 Guest

Definately #1,

5. davidzvi

davidzvi

Apr 30, 2005
    Massachusetts
    David
    #1 sounds great

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Idea one

But like the fireworks Idea and all the lights going off to:>)))))

Can you have something set up in the background out of sight to cary out part two..:>))

Hay hopefully this is once in a life time to do it up great

7. Duschoolboy

Duschoolboy

Dec 17, 2006
    #1 is a great idea! That is original for sure! You gotta post some pics of this.

8. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    #1 definitely. But I like what Gale is thinking. Add another twist. Instead of a stroll, a ride in a horse and carriage that happens to come upon the photographer?

Or After the photographer set, a horse and carriage either happens by, or you go to his pickup spot? or a stretched limo??

I'm partial to the horse and carriage because that is how I proposed at midnight on Michigan Avenue in Chicago... 13 years later, no matter what vacations we plan, an annual trip to Chicago is a must do item - and my wife declares Chicago to be the most romantic city she has ever visited.

With that in mind, prepare for the fact you 2 will probably want to return to your proposal site annually... so be sure and pick out a beautiful place, or do what I did - pick out a place you would like to travel to every year...

9. I say #1 but with as many cafe members there as possible.

Good luck!!

10. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Gary,

She's already a lucky girl...congratulations!!!

11. Everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to reply and confirm that I had a good idea (they can be few and far between!) ;)

Now is what is going to be the harder part. I currently have this planned for July 7th, of course probably the biggest wedding day this year.

(My birthday is 07/07/70, this year is 07/07/07, I think the time is right for the asking!)

My girl (Melanie) also knows all my current photographer friends and my mentor. So if there is anyone here that feels like they would like to tackle this challenge with me, please send me a PM.

Also note: I am not asking anyone to work for free either so I'm open to discussion about rates and other expenses.

Thanks again everyone!

Gary

12. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Gary,

Melanie is a very lucky lady! For you to take this much effort in planning your proposal, I know you'll work hard to keep the romance alive and well every day!!

All the best to Melanie and you!!

13. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Well then it's meant to be...those are some wild numbers there.

14. snownow

snownow

Jul 13, 2006
    so cal
    Very cool idea, if we were on the same coast i'd love to help. I'm sure some members near you will help you out!

15. Gosh Gary, I wish I lived near you :frown:. I'd just love to scheme the plan with you...:biggrin:

16. PAReams

PAReams

Apr 4, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    That is such a cool idea! When my wife and I got engaged I hadn't caught the photography bug yet, but what you're doing sounds like a great way to get some images of a really difficult to capture moment.

17. This question brought to mind one of the greatest threads I've read on another site.

This series of engagment photos is just awesome. The man hired the photographer to lay in wait while he approached with his girlfriend in Central Park.

http://www.digitalgrin.com/showthread.php?t=60134

18. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    I saw that one at Dgrin...I loved it...how romantic was that? Wow what an awesome guy.

19. Very nice idea and I lean to #1. I hope she says yes.

20. Firelarz

Firelarz

Feb 26, 2006
    Chandler, AZ
    Wow Mitch, that is a great series. I looked and read it 3 times.

Gary that is a great idea! I wish you the best. I only wish I was out east to shoot this for you. I think it would be an awesome experience and alot of fun!

Make sure to post the pics and let us know how it went!

Take care, Larz