1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Wedding Saturday

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dduha987, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Hi All,

Well I was looking forward to shooting the wedding on Saturday. But this afternoon I started feeling sick - scratchy, sore throat, runny nose and plain old feeling crappy. It's probably nothing more than a cold, but I sure hope the worst is over by Saturday for the wedding :eek:  Please keep your fingers crossed for me that I recover by Saturday :Sick:

2. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    Go get some Airborne, or Zicam, or something!!

3. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    Airborne is crap. Zicam works pretty good. Also, drink a lot of Gatorade and orange juice and pick up some vitamin C tablets. You'll be good to go in 48 hours.

4. Thanks for the suggestions. I will pick up some Zicam in the morning. I just took some Benadryl for colds/allergies and am zoning out fast. I can't believe of all times for me to get sick!!!! This is one wedding I can't afford to mess up on! :Shocked:

5. Zicam and a short burst of exercise daily. The zinc will help the exercise naturally boost your immune system. Regardless don't take anything the day of. Good luck, feel better.

6. truflip

truflip

Jul 28, 2008
    Ottawa, ON
    mix some apple cider vinegar and luke warm water to drink. should help a lot ;) 
    if you like spicy instead, cayenne pepper with warm water and gurgle most of it in a cup and drink a little bit.
    it'll help a lot with the sore throat for sure. do that every 40 minutes for a few hours.

7. Well, overnight it has developed into a full blown cold. I feel like crap - but better today than on Saturday. Will heed the advice offered here and tank up on OJ, vitamin c, Zicam. Had never heard about mixing of apple cider vinegar with warm water, but will give it a try. Hopefully I will be over the hurdle by Saturday!

8. Sudafed will get you through the day. Been there, done that!

9. How about chicken soup, a large glass of orang juice and lots of rest? Good luck Saturday. I'm sure you'll be good to go.

10. On the road to recovery

I took Will's advice and got some Zicam this morning. Took another dose this afternoon and feel much better. Drank a quart of OJ throughout the day ... and had chicken soup just a little while ago. I'm gonna float away :eek:  from all the liquids, but ... I think I will be ok for Saturday. Or, at the very least - I'll be over the worst of it! Thanks for all your support.

I think I'll do ok on Saturday. We had a pre-wedding shoot two weekends ago and that went extremely well. I've done several weddings before, but none in the last couple of years (by my choice). Now that I committed to this one, I didn't want to blow it by being sick on the day! Of all times for me to get sick.

11. StephanieHelen

StephanieHelen

Jun 9, 2006
    Hope you feel better today so tomorrow you can shoot like a rockstar :) 

I have one tomorrow too.

12. Good Luck with your shoot too Stephanie! It will be a long day, but I'm looking forward to it. BTW ... cold is much better, though not completely gone.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.