Wedding Shoot Time!

Wish me luck, guys and gals. Nancy and I are leaving for Arizona tomorrow for a wedding assignment.
I've got a busy calendar. Friday, I'll...

Meet with the minister on Friday to set the groundrules, and take some test shots at the church.
Visit the outdoor site for the formal pics following the wedding, and take some test shots.
Take for real shots at the rehearsal and the rehearsal dinner.

Then on Saturday...

9:00: Take shots at the beauty salon where the bride and her maids are getting their hair done.
10:00: Shots of the bridal party getting ready, followed by shots of the groom and his groomsment waiting at the church.
11:00: Wedding ceremony
11:30: Formal shots of bridal party and relatives.
12:00-??? Reception.

Dang, I'm worn out just writing that :-/.

The saving grace is that the young couple are dear friends of ours, and are beautiful through and through.
Here's a few pictures of them.

32481209.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 7641

View attachment 7642

I'm also looking forward to using my new 28-70/2.8 in the environment it was designed for :). I'll show you
some pictures on Sunday.

Frank,

My monitor may not be quite right. But I see a tad to much red in all the pics you have posted of practicing.

Hope it is me for sure. {My printer fixes everything for me.) What a great bunch of guys I stumbled on.

If you ever have any probs with printer folks. Let me know and will put you in touch with these guys.

I almost hit the buy button for a Spyder. Grrrr.

$$$$$$$$$ just never stops.

Wishing you a great trip and Marvelous pics.

Gale said:
My monitor may not be quite right. But I see a tad to much red in all the pics you have posted of practicing.

Dang, that's a worry :shock:. There's several possibilities...

1. My subjects are embarrassed by me
2. I specialize in pictures of Irish people
3. I'm a little color blind
4. Our monitors are profiled differently

I think I'll vote for #4. My pictures print out very true to what I see on my monitor, but I've looked at them on other
people's monitors, and the colors rarely match what I have on mine.

But thanks for the input. Now I've got something else to worry about :?.

gho

Gale, buy the spyder... Actually, they look to have a bit of a red cast on my calibrated monitor too.

Actually, if you want to buy one, you can buy mine used:

4_2_07t.jpg

gho

UncleFrank said:
Gale said:

Dang, that's a worry :shock:. There's several possibilities...

1. My subjects are embarrassed by me
2. I specialize in pictures of Irish people
3. I'm a little color blind
4. Our monitors are profiled differently

I think I'll vote for #4. My pictures print out very true to what I see on my monitor, but I've looked at them on other
people's monitors, and the colors rarely match what I have on mine.

But thanks for the input. Now I've got something else to worry about :?.

Actually, I'm a bit colorblind myself :(

Anyways, if they'll be wanting digital images for display in their personal gallery, then you may want to get that corrected ;)

Frank, something like the Spyder is VERY high on my wish list. Personally I think they're invaluable for ensuring you've got colors accurately portrayed on a monitor.

As for luck - I don't think you'll need it. You're too thorough and too good to need luck as well. Although of course, luck does help for those things you can't control. So, on second thoughts, I do wish you luck.

And have a great time. You'll get better shots if you enjoy yourself rather than stressing out.

Neil

PS: The bride's hot!

Hey Frank, if you really want to have a successful wedding shoot, do what I always do:

- Leave the WB on incandescent when you are shooting flash

- Always shoot at ISO 800, even if the light is more than adequate

- Set the aperture to 2.8 when you want the greatest DOF

- For action shots, make sure that your shutter speed is never more than 1/10

- When you want to get a wide shot of the entire church, put your 300 f4 on the cam

Break a leg.... :lol:

Regards,

Frank

Thanks for the offer, Gregory, but I'll pass. Life's complicated enough without trying to be accurate. Besides, if my pictures were perfectly color balanced, no one would recognize them as my work 8).

Flew said:
Hey Frank, if you really want to have a successful wedding shoot, do what I always do:

Some great ideas in their, Frank. I did a wedding shoot a couple of years ago, and took the bride's non-
English speaking grandfather outside to do a character portrait. I posed him, and was just about set up, when
he became very agitated, pointing at my camera and trying to tell me something. He was so upset that I
called for the bride to come over and translate. She talked to him for a few minutes, turned to me, and said,
"You still have the lens cap on your camera" :oops:.

I got the shot of him anyway :twisted:.

25170847.gif

I know, I know... too red, right?

Latest threads

Top Bottom