Wedding Shots

This is my second attempt at wedding Photography. These shots were from my nieces wedding. Of course they were for free for them, and a learning experience for me. These are just a few,
I took about 300 shots.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 216169

View attachment 216172

View attachment 216173

View attachment 216175

View attachment 216178

View attachment 216179

View attachment 216184

Last edited by a moderator:
For FREE? Wow they will absolutely love these. Is that your aim to shoot weddings?

Very nice images.

P.S. What are those things around your eyes? Are you exfoliating and trying to remove dark circles from your eyes?:biggrin:

They are hologram glasses with eyes in them. it's not a very good photo since it was taken at work by a non professional. I've been thinking of changing it. I mainly shoot sports (baseball my 16 yr old & my 12 yr old). I also have two daughters, one 14 (going into high school) I shoot her in Poms, and the other one 10 I shoot her in cheerleading. I am soooooo busy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty good job on the first three balancing the lighting/flash. They look fine. For the 1st hand shot, the fingers look cut off b/c of the shadows. For the second one, the lighting is much better (a little flat maybe, but good), but try to pose their hands on/around an object so they don't look limp. The others are just right, and show some nice emotion. Good job, overall.

Pretty good job on the first three balancing the lighting/flash. They look fine. For the 1st hand shot, the fingers look cut off b/c of the shadows. For the second one, the lighting is much better (a little flat maybe, but good), but try to pose their hands on/around an object so they don't look limp. The others are just right, and show some nice emotion. Good job, overall.
Thanks, I didn't think of having their hands on something, makes sence now.
On the b&w I'm not sure how to make it pop or stand out, i just get lost with it. Thanks for the comments.

Thanks, I didn't think of having their hands on something, makes sence now.
On the b&w I'm not sure how to make it pop or stand out, i just get lost with it. Thanks for the comments.
You're welcome... I'm not a B&W expert, either... in PSCS3 I usually go for the green filter, then do a little bit in curves to make it pop. That's how I did these:

You're welcome... I'm not a B&W expert, either... in PSCS3 I usually go for the green filter, then do a little bit in curves to make it pop. That's how I did these:

Those look nice i'll have to give it a try on some of mine.

Looking good!! One thing I would suggest for the first set of pics - change up your composition occasionally. While the center of the frame is nice, left and right of center look nice as well. I'm sure the B&G will be please with these.

Hi

They are cucumber slices, reckon he is having us on lol. Will try the green filter for B&W, good tip. Nice wedding pics, you would have no problem doing them commercially in the UK. Whats the standard like in The States?

stew

Hi Senca

Having looked through this forum I would say the standard of photography is very high in The States. I wondered what the standard of wedding photography was like

stew

Hi Senca

Having looked through this forum I would say the standard of photography is very high in The States. I wondered what the standard of wedding photography was like

stew
Oh my gosh...it's extremely high here in the US. My mentor does unbelieveable work and he is always in high demand - I was just looking at his wedding packages. Smallest one starts out at $5,000...largest one $19,000. He doesn't miss a shot and he also brings 2 other shooters with him.

:Sad:
Good job, Sen---nothing like a little Texas sarcasam to make a guy feel inadequate!!!!!! I LIKE THE AVATAR!!!!!!!!:cool:

Oh, nice pics -- I like the less than formal ones best! BW is great!
hahaha I didn't mean it in a bad way :frown: But everytime I see his avatar...I see cucumbers...it's the eyes I tell ya.

I hope I didn't hurt your feelings. :Sad:

That's incredible!! Charging $5k it's pretty easy to pay 2nd and 3rd shooters $200-500 and still clear a pretty penny. PM his website info, I'd love to see some of his work!!
Yeah it's remarkable. Just sent the PM...look at the Galleries...and Rembrant Series.

Nice mix of photos, they will be pleased.
Ok, if you compare the skin tone of the first (which looks right on) to the others, it looks as if the others are a little off.
And the cropping of the cake photo - lots of space above the cake and the bottom of the cake is cut off.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom