Weddings are hot!

Discussion in 'People' started by Uncle Frank, Nov 16, 2005.

1. As I see it, my challenge is to capture the emotions of a wedding day, not just people pics. I want the participants to be able to look back years later and remember how the felt, not just how they looked.

Getting beautiful is serious business, and there's always a fair degree of anxiety in the prep room.

But the tension is gone as soon as the makeup is on and the dresses are squeezed into. In fact, things can turn quite raucous.

The flowergirl got an earfull when she snuck into the changing room, though, hopefully, she didn't understand everything that she heard!

Of course, the peak of emotion is at ceremony. It's a good thing the audience is seated, because the looks that pass between the bride and groom make one's knees weak.

There are few attendees that aren't effected, and, for the rest of the evening, romance seems to be everywhere you look.

Yup, weddings are definitely hot.

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Captured so well, Frank. Thanks so much, not only for sharing the images with us, but for your thoughts of how people prepare for their special day. The expression on the bride's face (image #6) and the emotion in her eyes is absolutely priceless. You captured love that day, Frank...great shooting, you make it look easy and we all know that it is soooo stressful!

3. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

4. Thanks, Frank & Paul, for taking the time to comment, and for your encouraging words.

5. Excellent Frank, you have become quite the wedding photographer. Lot's of emotion in these images.

6. Thanks, Gordon! When it comes to wedding day, I prioritize emotions way above technicals. Thank goodness for Photoshop! It helps me overcome many of my mistakes.

7. Great shots!

I agree, it's all about emotions. To hell with the technical stuff. This is how I see it, too :smile:

8. Thanks, BadA.... errrr, NB23 :wink:. I'm always pleased when I find myself on the same page as you!

9. Great series! As others have already said - #6 is a priceless shot.

Cheers

10. I'm glad you like that one, Harry! It wasn't my best shot technically, and the finished picture is highly processed, but it caught an expression (and a dimple) that I found very appealing. I hope the bride likes it, too.

11. Frank, it's not the perfection that makes a photo valuable. I have hundreds of pics which are far from anything called perfect, but just keep them because the depict moments which will not come again.
    Actually, it's the imperfections that bring life to certain things - think of music.
    Well, in photography there's something called Photoshop which can come to the resue:biggrin:

Cheers