Weeds

I did get out for a bit today to try out the Sigma 50mm Macro. Still have some issues to iron out with the Macro Flash but getting there. Comments and suggestions are welcome.

For those of us that leave our subjects in place in the field it's amazing how many bugs we find once the image gets on the screen. Of course at about the same time I think I've carried them all back with me as I can feel them crawling everywhere on me.

I'd appreciate the proper names for these if anyone has them.

Actual size of this first one is approx 3/4 inch. can this be a Butterwort?
19305746-O.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Perhaps this one is a member of the Butterfly Pea. It measures approx 1/4 inch
19305747-O.jpg

Is this one a Rue Anemone?
19305748-O.jpg

And I have no idea what this thing is called. But I did notice the large amount of pollen this thing is throwing around.
19305749-O.jpg

Thanks for your time.

Fantastic! Patrick is standing here sneezing just looking at your pictures!!! The second one is my favorite...the prickly leaves amaze me w/the detail you captured! Good Job!

PGB

I really like the first and last one. The ant really shows the scale of it. The pollen dust on the last one, like leigh said is making me sneeze.

I just noticed the fly on the last one too. Did you use the macro light for that one?

Its amazing how little flowers of weeds and other plants can be very pretty. Usually I just overlook them. I guess I'll have to be more considerate of the little guys.

Kind words

Thanks for the kind words.

Unfortunately I feel that after shooting about 200 frames that these may be the exception rather than the rule. All of these were hand held. Only the third was natural light. the others were with the macro light and a lot of PS-CS manipulation. In looking at these few it seems as though the equipment is capable. That only leaves procedure and operator. Both of which I am supposed to be able to control.

I should be able to do some serious lens testing today if the wind stays down. I got some good info from the technical forum on checking for back focus. This site is definitely worth browsing as the folks are great.

Patrick, I finally got the Air Force resolution target mounted on 3/4 inch ply so it will stay flat. I'll let you know how it comes out in use. I figured I'll shoot all lenses with the target at full frame as well as check the zooms against each other as there is some overlap in the focal lengths.

Golly, this may be as fun as working with the RAIDS.

You guys have a good Sunday and enjoy this fine day. Let's see some more from Leigh ! She's got a great eye.

Latest threads

Top Bottom