Weekapaug Groovin'

Discussion in 'Wanderlust and Travel' started by Aqualung, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Well, it's not Florence or Peru :biggrin: but there's a nice little place tucked in the corner of Connecticut and Rhode Island, called Weekapaug. Phish did a song called "Weekapaug Groove' ".

It's part of Westerly, RI (story here). We like it as it's not as "stuffy" as Watch Hill; I was on a bike ride and one of the mansions had captive deer in the front yard, nice...:cool:

Over the past few years we've built a nice tradition of helping our friends move in on July 1 (they rent a house for the summer) and then staying through the 4th for some R&R.

Just a few shots of our visit last week...Thanks for looking!

Here's the house we stayed in, deceptively large inside as we had about 14 people sleeping there, comfortably....sitting on the porch having a drink and watching the sunset is perfect.
    week-01.

An antique weathervane in front of the house...
    week-02.

Our daughters helped our friend's youngest daughter ride a two wheel for the first time!
    week-03.

My youngest getting a big thanks for the help...
    week-04.

There is a small honky tonk area nearby, at Misquamicut
    week-05.

More honky tonk....
    week-06.

Took my 70-200f2.8 on the beach....
    week-07.

Rappin' on the porch...
    week-08.

A whimsical mailbox...
    week-09.

Dream house....
    week-10.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2007
  2. _Jorge_

_Jorge_

Jul 3, 2007
    Thailand
    I enjoyed your series Chris. Very nice candids and pics. Thanks for sharing.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful area
    Nice pics

4. Chris, gorgeous!! I've never heard of the area, but it sure is tempting to hop in the car for a drive today! :smile: Gotta be better than Cape traffic!!!

5. Thanks guys...Gretchen, it's only about an hour from you, and traffic is much better!