Weekend in the PA Mountains...

Vienna, Virginia (Washington DC Suburbs), USA
Hi All,

Have not been able to be on much lately as I have been on vacation and when at home have been fighting my internet connection which is on only about half of the time!:Angry:

This past weekend was at my in-laws house in the mountains of southwestern, Pennsylvania. While the weather was not great, it did afford some good shooting opportunities. Here is a sampling of them, including some off subjects for me! All with D300...

1. Daisies (105VR with 1.4TC, F5, 1/1250)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Blanket Flower (as in 1, F8, 1/100)

3. Lilies (as in 1, f4.2, 1/1000)

4. Hoverflies Having Fun (as in 1, f/8, 1/200)

5. Damsel 1 (I think it's a damsel?) ( as in 1 f/16, 1/40)

6. Damsel 2 (105VR qith 1.7TC, f16, 1/15)

7. Hummingbird (300 2.8 VR, ISO 800, f2.8, 1/2000)

Last edited by a moderator:
Rich,
Really nice set.... that orange damsel is beautiful. I hope you get the internet connection fixed.

Rich,
Really nice set.... that orange damsel is beautiful. I hope you get the internet connection fixed.
Thanks Paul. The Damsels were fun, I have never shot them before (nor the hummers).

I am being driven insane. This is supposed to be my fun time of year (I don't teach in the summer) and all I feel like I have been doing - when at home - is troubleshooting this blasted cable connection! I may have to go back to DSL and see if they have fixed that up... :Angry:

very nice series, rich
#2 is my favorite
i hope that you enjoyed your vacation and that you get your internet issues ironed out soon
Thanks Greg. I will find out tomorrow if there is anything they can do or if it just a ghost in the machine. If so, I need another ISP... :frown: I am spending far too much time trying to figure this out.

Really nice job, Rich!
Thanks Francis...

Excellent across the board, Rich. Nice shooting!
Harry, thanks so much for the kind comments. It was a fun few days of shooting all kinds of things!

Enjoyed looking at this series. No 3 and the hummingbird are my favourites.
Thank you Stephan!

some beautiful work here. Tells me you enjoyed yourself.
Dave, enjoyable indeed. Some good subjects, good, food and drink, family fun. Perfect!

Nice series Rich, especially number six. Number two is a blanket flower.
Thanks Crystall! I had fun with the Damsels. My father in law was REALLY into them as he said he had never noticed them. They were all over the Siberian Iris leaves. Had never shot them before! Blanket Flower indeed, thanks for that information! My in-laws were unsure and guessed straw... I like your new avatar!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom