Weekend outing

Discussion in 'Birds' started by james thiel, Aug 21, 2005.

1. After seeing so many great pictures on this forum today I hesitate to post these. I had to work yesterday but decided to stop by our local park first. I got a few of the Herons (green and blue). Today I went to another spot and took a few of the Osprey. The little ones have all left the nest but do come back to it to be fed. What I found most interesting is that the little ones only come back one per feeding while the others sit on a piling waiting for their turn. I a guessing they will be getting their own food soon and will leave the area. This may be the last pictues I get this year.

original.

View attachment 14191

View attachment 14192

View attachment 14193

View attachment 14194

View attachment 14195

View attachment 14196

2. Hi James, what the heck are you talking about??? these are great, beautiful series. Luv #1 and 6 are outstanding. Looks like you had a ton of fun!!

3. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Hi, Jim! Great series! My first reaction to that head on shot of the little green was that he looks like a Conehead! Very different perspective than I've seen before. Thanks for sharing.

4. These are really nice shots, you can be proud of them!

5. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    Good pictures James. I like the one of the LGH walking on the lily pads.

6. Gorgeous shots James they are stellar

7. Way to join the many great pictures on this fora with many great pictures of your own James. Excellent.

8. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Outstanding Jim. I love that 5th shot of the GH running, priceless.

9. Wow, thanks all for the kind words. Don, I liked your comment about the green heron looking like a Conehead. That is just what I was thinking as well. They sure are fun to watch. We don't see them much around here.

Andreas I have been thinking a lot about your article and have been trying different things as well. Sure a lot to think about. Thanks again for posting it.

10. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Those are some great photos James.. You should be proud.

11. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    James...

A) Great shots and I especially like the green heron running :)

B) How did you shoot the osprey from above????????????????????????????

12. What the heck are you talking about? These shots are fantastic!!! Lots of really interesting poses, too! :) I like them!!

13. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Jim, you are just too modest. These are great shots. I like them all but the Osprey with the fish is really cool. 8)

14. All great shots, but this is outstanding...wow!

15. These are all super shots, Jim!! I especially like the green heron running across the lily pads and the osprey carrying the fish is a fantastic capture.

16. Thanks again for all the kind words. I get so much enjoyment out of looking at all your pictures and learning from your comments. This forum is a special place, like no other I have experienced.

Jim I actually did not get above the osprey. It was diving off it's nest and then made a bank towards me thus making it look like I was above it. It was also pretty heavily cropped as I have not been so lucky to get very close to these guys.

17. bfjr

bfjr Guest

every one is great !!
    really dig the running LGH and the Osprey, outstanding

18. Fantastic shots Jim.

Louie