Weekend Subjects

Discussion in 'Birds' started by james thiel, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Well it was pretty foggy here for most of the day. I did manage to get a couple of shots before the fog settled back in on Saturday. I was testing my camera again after the firmware.

The snow geese were close to the road so I took a few shots of a couple of them as they were landing on the field.

original.

View attachment 19754

View attachment 19755

Then a couple of red tail hawks flew over and they all got air borne and came right at me. It was time to duck as droppings were falling all around me!!

View attachment 19756
    Here are the hawks. These were shot at ISO 800 with no noise reduction.
    View attachment 19757

View attachment 19758

Then as I was packing up this GBH came right at me. They sure do have small heads in comparison to the rest of their bodies.

View attachment 19759

2. Jim
    Nice series of shots very well exposed and very sharp, I really like shooting the snow geese hoping to head down the Bombay Hook NWR to capture some of them

3. Mike they are fun subjects for sure. I only wish our weather was better here. It has been so dark and foggy that it makes it hard to capture flying subjects. I was happy to use ISO 800 and still have a useable picture. This looks promising for our winter eagles on the Skagit river which will be here soon. Thanks for looking.

4. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Really like the geese shots and the background adds to the overall feel and 3D look to them.

Well done!

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nice series Jim. I really like the first one, and of course the Hawk and GBH shots. :smile:

Looks like you had a very good outing. :wink:

6. Good shots Jim. The fog has yet to break for any extended period down here in Renton, although it looks like we might be getting some better weather this week.

7. Now everyone complains about the abundance of birds here in Florida! I don't know if these Snow Geese ever make it here but they sure would be fun to shoot!! I really like your raptor shots! Nice and clear, even at ISO800! Really makes you appreciate ISO 100 days, doesn't it!